Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast

2nd Test: England v South Africa at Nottingham, Jul 14-18, 2017

0 Not allowed!
    England 1-0 up in the four match series, after an unusual Test Match at Lords, with so many wickets falling to spin, and England winning by a huge 211 run margin.

South Africa have captain Faf du Plessis back after a paternity break, and need to find a replacement for Kasigo Rabada who is suspended.

England will be unchanged.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      England 1-0 up in the four match series, after an unusual Test Match at Lords, with so many wickets falling to spin, and England winning by a huge 211 run margin.

South Africa have captain Faf du Plessis back after a paternity break, and need to find a replacement for Kasigo Rabada who is suspended.

England will be unchanged.
      Ball will most likely swing about at TB. Can't really see the logic in retaining Dawson over another seamer, beyond continuity, for continuity's sake.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Some speculation that batting first will be tricky, with a reasonable grass covering, a bit of breeze and clouds overhead*... an interesting choice for the captains.

(* on the other hand that is coming from Nasser Hussain!)

0 Not allowed!
      Pitch has plenty of juice by the looks of it
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Ball will most likely swing about at TB. Can't really see the logic in retaining Dawson over another seamer, beyond continuity, for continuity's sake.
      If our four best seamers can't do the job - what's the point of having another?

0 Not allowed!
      Joe Root proves he is a useless tosser, South Africa will bat - brave decision by Faf?

1 Not allowed!
      SA have stiffened the middle order, with de Kock in at four.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      If our four best seamers can't do the job - what's the point of having another?
      Its a fair point, but somehow I always feel Stokes should be considered a bonus, rather than one of four to rely on. He has a great knack of taking wickets but lacks control and can be very expensive.

Either way, I'm sure this attack will comfortably win the game, but entirely unconvinced by Dawson. If we were to play two spinners, then Rashid surely deserves to be ahead of him?
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Ball will most likely swing about at TB. Can't really see the logic in retaining Dawson over another batsman, beyond continuity, for continuity's sake.
      Corrected for you and in the spirit of cricketing accord with @Titanic.

0 Not allowed!
      lunchtime score prediction: 72/4 (with 20 minutes lost to rain).