Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's happening up the Amex?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Traffic building up on a27

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Love the fact that our club, that's supposed to embrace the diverse values of liberal Brighton is willing to turn a blind eye to stuff like this video when there's money involved. Unacceptable really.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Love the fact that our club, that's supposed to embrace the diverse values of liberal Brighton is willing to turn a blind eye to stuff like this video when there's money involved. Unacceptable really.

Every year without fail!

The Equality Act 2010 says you must not be discriminated against because:

You are (or are not) of a particular religion.
You hold (or do not hold) a particular philosophical belief.
Someone thinks you are of a particular religion or hold a particular belief. This is known as discrimination by perception.
You are connected to someone who has a religion or belief. This is known as discrimination by association.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

why so precious ?

Everyone has a right to their beliefs

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Every year without fail!

The Equality Act 2010 says you must not be discriminated against because:

You are (or are not) of a particular religion.
You hold (or do not hold) a particular philosophical belief.
Someone thinks you are of a particular religion or hold a particular belief. This is known as discrimination by perception.
You are connected to someone who has a religion or belief. This is known as discrimination by association.

The club do not have to host this, they have no obligation to, its being done purely for profit, so I don't really get the relevance of the equality act.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Part of being 'liberal Brighton' is allowing whomever wants to air their views the freedom to air them.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The club do not have to host this, they have no obligation to, its being done purely for profit, so I don't really get the relevance of the equality act.

The club are not allowed to refuse the booking on the grounds that they are Jehovah witnesses. It is discrimination on grounds of religion.

Yoda

English & European

So because they are discriminatory to Gay's, we should be discriminate to their religion. Right Ho!

Two wrongs don't make a right you know.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Would we be embracing our diverse and liberal values if we didn't allow people to hold an event because we disagree with what they believe in?

What's the difference between saying "No JW at the Amex please", and "No gay weddings at the Amex please"?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

So by your reasoning, when selling tickets the club should ask us our religion and if we say Jehovah Witness, refuse to sell them to us because we are not liberal enough? Why stop there. Why not have a full character assessment done and only allow those that meet the 'correct' level of diversity to buy tickets.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Tons of JW's on the platform at Lewes this morning impeccably dressed as usual all in bot mode staring straight ahead in silence.

Just reminded myself that thanks to their imaginary friend they are lining the clubs pockets.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Thankfully the 50% of my family who are JWs live over your way up in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. :thumbsup:

Thankfully JW's aren't violent and destructive like these liberal left who go around smashing up others property and injuring people.

That's why it's a better bet for the club to deal with JW's than politically motivated morons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here