Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is London now too dangerous a place to live?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
With the increasing acid attacks and general gang violence happening on a seemingly regular basis in London, is it now too dangerous a city to live in ?

would anyone living in Sussex risk moving to London ? Or am I overreacting ?

No, most people, in fact almost exclusively all people who are the victim of gang violence are gang members themselves.

Assuming you are not a gang member then no, London isn't a dangerous place!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I spent three weeks last year travelling to the OB for jury duty, this was when a few nasties were being mentioned by the press at the time.
I've always have had my wits about me, but this time was no different.
I love going into London and enjoy the buzz that goes with it.
You're always going to get cretins about, so I just say live your life and forget about them and enjoy the city with all it has to offer.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I feel safer in New York, I go at least twice a year. I think it is probably because I'm always exclusively in Manhatten and all the unsavoury parts of New York are in other boroughs like Bronx, queens etc so I have never seen any trouble. In London you do get more dodgy council estates right next to the nice parts of London do I guess the opportunity for that to cross over into my life is that much more of a possibility.

The same in Paris , almost all the areas that have trouble are not close to the nice areas like st Germain des pres etc

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In London you do get more dodgy council estates right next to the nice parts of London do I guess the opportunity for that to cross over into my life is that much more of a possibility

I think you're either mad or naive.
It's like this for most parts of the UK, or would you say that living in the UK is dangerous?

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
I worked for a couple of months in London in 1995, and while excited (as a Sydney boy with a deep affection for the Old Country) I was also scared - not least as I was living in Mile End and often got home late with a longish walk from the tube.

Those dark lonely walks along Mile End Road made me more than a tad nervous until the first time I came home smashed. Didn't even notice the dodgy types around me and was completely relaxed ever after.

Now, whenever I go to a strange city, I make it my business to get totally maggoted at the first opportunity. Fear is a thing of the past.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just leaving work, can NSC have a collective pray for me ?

I'll make sure you know I am home safe.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The areas in London dominated
By high rise council estates where youths in gangs cycle around and then mug, steal and in some cases stab and shoot people are the most dangerous parts of London . Why on earth would you risk going there unless you have to. But hey you feel safe there so clearly all the problems must be made up by the police and media.

You could say that about any city in the UK. They all have nice areas and less salubrious ones, but you can't just generalise and say "London is dangerous".

You ever been to Moss Side? Would that put you off living in Manchester?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thanks everyone - got home fine and managed to avoid

1) Terrorist Attack
2) Acid Attack
3) Mugging
4) Queen Mother telling me to keep my chin up whilst Uncle Adolf is bombing my street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here