Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't wanna live in London anyway.
    Me neither, never see the attraction. Can do all the cultural things London offers on visits.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Live by the sea View Post
      My view is that some of the rougher parts of London are starting to become quite dangerous at night with a small number of young uneducated youths mainly although not exclusively from certain ethnic backgrounds behaving like animals.
      Not exclusively the rougher parts but you are absolutely bang on with this post.
      If anyone watched that programme about The Met Police they would agree.
      But areas like Newham and Tower Hamlets are dangerous at night, but nowhere near as dangerous as some suburbs of American and many other cities around the world.
      But as a whole London is a great and safe city.

0 Not allowed!
      The areas in London dominated
      By high rise council estates where youths in gangs cycle around and then mug, steal and in some cases stab and shoot people are the most dangerous parts of London . Why on earth would you risk going there unless you have to. But hey you feel safe there so clearly all the problems must be made up by the police and media.
      When one of these high rise buildings burns down you see the real human stories and the faces and names of the people who deliver so many of the services we rely on. I live somewhere much leafier and believe me, the crowd outside Wetherspoons on a summers night are a lot more intimidating than what I encounter in the estates near where I work in London.
      worshipping Omiros

0 Not allowed!
      On 4july in Chicago there were over a hundred killings by shooting! Now that is one dangerous place
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Terrible post
      I live in London and it's never been safer
      Your mum.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BrianWade4 View Post
      Terrible post
      I live in London and it's never been safer
      I have an inkling that you live in a 'nice bit of South London' though, which pre-supposes you see lots of other areas which are not so nice. Large parts of Lambeth for example are not so nice.

North of the river also, you could not pay me to live in Harlesden (so please don't try).
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      Not exclusively the rougher parts but you are absolutely bang on with this post.
      If anyone watched that programme about The Met Police they would agree.
      But areas like Newham and Tower Hamlets are dangerous at night, but nowhere near as dangerous as some suburbs of American and many other cities around the world.
      But as a whole London is a great and safe city.
      Isnt this perhaps the difference between America and the UK, we tend to obviously underplay the risk whilst my time of living in the states was that I was frequently told of certain areas that I should never venture into, so the perceived threat whilst in America always seemed greater, even though I never witnessed any crime there, whilst here in UK especially London we are told to 'carry on' whilst maybe crime rates and the types of crimes are increasing making it a less safe place but as thread proves we are relucatnt to acknowledge it.

I think also the great unsaid is the cultural importation of different crime through immigration past and present, it doesnt 'take the place of current crime' it introduces new crime and how it might be perpetrated.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LowKarate View Post

North of the river also, you could not pay me to live in Harlesden (so please don't try).
      Hypothetically I'd pay you money not to live there, it's not that nice tbh.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      The areas in London dominated
      By high rise council estates where youths in gangs cycle around and then mug, steal and in some cases stab and shoot people are the most dangerous parts of London . Why on earth would you risk going there unless you have to. But hey you feel safe there so clearly all the problems must be made up by the police and media.
      Can you list them please so I can do my best to avoid them ?

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk