Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is London now too dangerous a place to live?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
With the increasing acid attacks and general gang violence happening on a seemingly regular basis in London, is it now too dangerous a city to live in ?

would anyone living in Sussex risk moving to London ? Or am I overreacting ?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't start scaring Londoners we got enough house building in the south east and to many Palace fans moving out of there slums to leafy Sussex.:hilton:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Listed here as one of the top 10 multicultural cities in the world .

Embrace and enjoy .

https://theculturetrip.com/north-am...he-10-most-multicultural-cities-in-the-world/

As the largest city in the UK, London is home to one of the most ethnically diverse populations in the world. From India to Jamaica to Ghana and many more countries, the world is truly represented in this vibrant area. Approximately one-third of Londoners are foreign-born, and even though the official language is English, the lively streets are brimming with global languages — well over 200 languages are spoken. While many people have chosen London as their new home, they still have a love for their culture and share it in many ways, including delicious food and festivals such as the Notting Hill Carnival.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Probably one of the safest cities in the world. I'd be surprised if it had a worse crime or murder rate than any city in the US.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
London has a population similar to a small country, say Austria. if you read about similar level of crime occurring in Austria would you consider that is a dangerous place?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Peacehaven is a bit meh, but nothing on some parts of London. Every time I have to go back there I'm reminded of what a dive the majority of London is.

According to the local residents it's on a par with South Centra LA!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1540..._too_scared_to_go_out_at_night/?ref=mrb&lp=15

I should have put that link in with my original post as that's what prompted me to say Peacehaven in the first place, rather than, say, the hellhole that is Newhaven. All places can be 'bad' if all you look at is negative stories, which is what the OP did.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
With the increasing acid attacks and general gang violence happening on a seemingly regular basis in London, is it now too dangerous a city to live in ?

would anyone living in Sussex risk moving to London ? Or am I overreacting ?

25,160 people were killed or seriously injured on this country's roads last year.

Do you risk using the roads?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Listed here as one of the top 10 multicultural cities in the world .

Embrace and enjoy .

https://theculturetrip.com/north-am...he-10-most-multicultural-cities-in-the-world/

As the largest city in the UK, London is home to one of the most ethnically diverse populations in the world. From India to Jamaica to Ghana and many more countries, the world is truly represented in this vibrant area. Approximately one-third of Londoners are foreign-born, and even though the official language is English, the lively streets are brimming with global languages — well over 200 languages are spoken. While many people have chosen London as their new home, they still have a love for their culture and share it in many ways, including delicious food and festivals such as the Notting Hill Carnival.

Indeed. And when all safety factors are taken into consideration it ranks among the top twenty safest large cities in the world.

This is, of course, not an absolute. But when I walk around London I don't feel unsafe beyond the standard precautions one has to take when in a large city.

I rarely travel abroad (haven't left these shores beyond a day trip to Bruges in 17 years) but London makes me feel like the world comes to me. Wouldn't want to live there (Too large and fast) but great to visit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here