Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is London now too dangerous a place to live?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Im out all hours on call outs in London love the place always something happening 24/7 it's always different when you live here I guess. I was on a night out in Brighton not to long ago and what a shithole full of druggies either asking for or trying to sell. Could wait to get back home tbh.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No it isn't but ..

UK terror plot thwarted within minutes of execution, Met chief reveals

Speaking on Nick Ferrari's show on LBC on Friday, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick said a "very large number of plots" have been foiled over the last few years.

Pressed on exactly how many attacks have been thwarted, she said that in "just the last few weeks", five have been averted.

"Overall I think it is well into the teens in the last couple of years, where we know people were intent on attacking and that has been stopped," she said.

"In addition, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of arrests of people who are radicalised, and are either spreading hatred or supporting terrorism, or want to carry out a terrorist attack."

It's not terrorists that bother people on a daily basis. It's bored, poverty stricken teenagers who have no respect for people or property that quietly chip away at people's morale. You get these types in every town and city but more in the suburbs. Central London must be one of the safest cities in the world. Its a bit dirty and too expensive but too dangerous? I'm not buying that.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My view is that some of the rougher parts of London are starting to become quite dangerous at night with a small number of young uneducated youths mainly although not exclusively from certain ethnic backgrounds behaving like animals.
Can you expand on what ethnic minorities you refer too and what animalistic behaviour you mean that has lead you to your view? The "rougher parts" of any area are a bit dangerous after dark, Shirley?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Austria is dangerous.

The run-ins between Der Strudel Gang and Das Kuchen Gruppe have left no part of that country unaffected.

Wouldn't happen in Germany.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Just spent the day helping out at a community festival in Somers Town with my daughter. One of the supposedly more dangerous places in London and I never felt safer.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The areas in London dominated
By high rise council estates where youths in gangs cycle around and then mug, steal and in some cases stab and shoot people are the most dangerous parts of London . Why on earth would you risk going there unless you have to. But hey you feel safe there so clearly all the problems must be made up by the police and media.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My view is that some of the rougher parts of London are starting to become quite dangerous at night with a small number of young uneducated youths mainly although not exclusively from certain ethnic backgrounds behaving like animals.

Not exclusively the rougher parts but you are absolutely bang on with this post.
If anyone watched that programme about The Met Police they would agree.
But areas like Newham and Tower Hamlets are dangerous at night, but nowhere near as dangerous as some suburbs of American and many other cities around the world.
But as a whole London is a great and safe city.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
By high rise council estates where youths in gangs cycle around and then mug, steal and in some cases stab and shoot people are the most dangerous parts of London . Why on earth would you risk going there unless you have to. But hey you feel safe there so clearly all the problems must be made up by the police and media.

When one of these high rise buildings burns down you see the real human stories and the faces and names of the people who deliver so many of the services we rely on. I live somewhere much leafier and believe me, the crowd outside Wetherspoons on a summers night are a lot more intimidating than what I encounter in the estates near where I work in London.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On 4july in Chicago there were over a hundred killings by shooting! Now that is one dangerous place

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Terrible post
I live in London and it's never been safer

I have an inkling that you live in a 'nice bit of South London' though, which pre-supposes you see lots of other areas which are not so nice. Large parts of Lambeth for example are not so nice.

North of the river also, you could not pay me to live in Harlesden (so please don't try).

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not exclusively the rougher parts but you are absolutely bang on with this post.
If anyone watched that programme about The Met Police they would agree.
But areas like Newham and Tower Hamlets are dangerous at night, but nowhere near as dangerous as some suburbs of American and many other cities around the world.
But as a whole London is a great and safe city.

Isnt this perhaps the difference between America and the UK, we tend to obviously underplay the risk whilst my time of living in the states was that I was frequently told of certain areas that I should never venture into, so the perceived threat whilst in America always seemed greater, even though I never witnessed any crime there, whilst here in UK especially London we are told to 'carry on' whilst maybe crime rates and the types of crimes are increasing making it a less safe place but as thread proves we are relucatnt to acknowledge it.

I think also the great unsaid is the cultural importation of different crime through immigration past and present, it doesnt 'take the place of current crime' it introduces new crime and how it might be perpetrated.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can you list them please so I can do my best to avoid them ?

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here