Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is London now too dangerous a place to live?

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I did live in London for 25 years & have worked there for 40 years. It isn't too dangerous to live there but i wouldn't move back.

The only reason i would consider it is so i didn't have a 5 hour return trip to WHL 20 odd times a season.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Recently moved from central Brighton to North London.

Honestly, I feel safer walking home in the early hours of the morning here than I ever did on West Street/Queens Road. (Not at all saying that Brighton is "too dangerous a place to live")

This thread is ridiculous.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
With the increasing acid attacks and general gang violence happening on a seemingly regular basis in London, is it now too dangerous a city to live in ?

would anyone living in Sussex risk moving to London ? Or am I overreacting ?

Don't be daft and it's impossible to talk about "London" as one generic area; the sanitised streets of Fulham and Mayfair are a different kettle of fish to Peckham or Bermondsey (but even Peckham is gentrifying these days). Of course there are areas of London that are dull and depressing; the swathe between Croydon/Norwood/Selhurst/Fornton Heaf springs to mind, but no one is going to kill and eat you.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
With the increasing acid attacks and general gang violence happening on a seemingly regular basis in London, is it now too dangerous a city to live in ?

would anyone living in Sussex risk moving to London ? Or am I overreacting ?

Christ.

Make sure you go to your nearest Sainsbury's, stock up on 23 years worth of tinned food and bottled water, pay up in advance for delivery of the mail or express, ensure your Sky subscription comes with Fox News and barricade your front door and dig out the basement then sit in it quivering like a mess for the rest of your life.

No of course it tossing isn't and I live in an area which has seen five stabbings in the last two weeks (and none for the previous two years before).

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It has it's unsavoury side, but most places have. Even if it was as safe as Vatican City I'd have no desire to live in London, give me the green of Kent and Sussex any day.

According to the local residents it's on a par with South Centra LA!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1540..._too_scared_to_go_out_at_night/?ref=mrb&lp=15

I should have put that link in with my original post as that's what prompted me to say Peacehaven in the first place, rather than, say, the hellhole that is Newhaven. All places can be 'bad' if all you look at is negative stories, which is what the OP did.
I was looking for my quote, I recently posted on one of the local pages that "its like Boyz n The Hood and they'll be drive by shootings next" needless to say this post was taken seriously :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There's rough areas in every town/city, the op is correct though with gang violence being higher nowadays.
I'd never live in London though as it's too effing busy, stayed in Peckham few weeks ago when I went to see guns n roses/stone roses, walking back to our hotel in the early hours I felt like we were in a ghetto! Prime targets to get mugged but nothing happened..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Aye, it is.

London has fallen to the criminals. Every single, frickin' day someone is stabbed then thrown acid at them. You simply cannot step out your front door before feral yoof are attacking you.

It's all the EU and the globalists' fault. Forcing multiculturalism down ARE throats. Did we ever have acid attacks before Pakistanis came here?

NO.

Before you cry, don't take this seriously.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
OP would have more of a point if it was a question of trends rather than a snap shot.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Don't be daft and it's impossible to talk about "London" as one generic area; the sanitised streets of Fulham and Mayfair are a different kettle of fish to Peckham or Bermondsey (but even Peckham is gentrifying these days). Of course there are areas of London that are dull and depressing; the swathe between Croydon/Norwood/Selhurst/Fornton Heaf springs to mind, but no one is going to kill and eat you.

I do agree largely, but even Croydon has nice parts and West Norwood is nice, in fact go behind the high street and from Thornton heath all the way to St rethem (as its called now ) is really quite nice. All I know its bleeding expensive to live in that area ....Now penge !!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
There's rough areas in every town/city, the op is correct though with gang violence being higher nowadays.
I'd never live in London though as it's too effing busy, stayed in Peckham few weeks ago when I went to see guns n roses/stone roses, walking back to our hotel in the early hours I felt like we were in a ghetto! Prime targets to get mugged but nothing happened..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

That was because it was Peckham.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've not had any bother here in the 20 something years of roamed it. Apart from the coma, and awakening shoelessly with a bump on my head on a street of south east London, I've not had too much bother. Oh, and of course the time when that gang of 12 year olds surrounded me, calling me Fatty Bighead. But other than those 3 occasions, haven't done badly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here