Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tributes to Bradley Lowery

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I think an FA player award named after him that is awarded for players that have demonstrated role model behaviour/ activities.
I think there is a similar award already (Calderon won a couple of years ago) - maybe that could be re named? And it's profile would then be raised a bit by the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
It was very sad that he passed away but how about we let his family grieve in peace with dignity.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It was very sad that he passed away but how about we let his family grieve in peace with dignity.

Normally i would agree but the family want the complete opposite. They want to celebrate his short life and everyone is welcome to the funeral..

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I would like a long lasting gesture to mark a longevity of life that was so cruelly denied him. As someone else mentioned, an annual award of good, sporting behaviour for each league. If one exists, then it could be renamed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003

Agreed. And this is probably a bit insensitive, but he's not the first child to die horribly and way too young - and he won't be the last; we all know people who've lost children.. It's incredibly sad, his plight touched a lot of people and we learnt that not all premier league footballers are a load of self-obsessed ********s, but those of us who aren't directly involved need to have a bit of perspective.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tears welled up for me too, reading it on BBC earlier. Lovely that an simultaneous event is being held in Newcastle city centre.

Farewell to a sweet little boy, robbed of his young life. Commiserations to his amazing family.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. And this is probably a bit insensitive, but he's not the first child to die horribly and way too young - and he won't be the last; we all know people who've lost children.. It's incredibly sad, his plight touched a lot of people and we learnt that not all premier league footballers are a load of self-obsessed ********s, but those of us who aren't directly involved need to have a bit of perspective.

The family have thanked the public at large and have welcomed everyone today. Wanting their privacy afterwards.

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
The family have thanked the public at large and have welcomed everyone today. Wanting their privacy afterwards.

Point taken as far as today is concerned, but I was more concerned about getting on with life afterwards. And I realise I am coming over as a massively insensitive so-and-so (but I started in that vein so I'll continue), but talk of renaming Sunderland's stadium is very OTT.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Point taken as far as today is concerned, but I was more concerned about getting on with life afterwards. And I realise I am coming over as a massively insensitive so-and-so (but I started in that vein so I'll continue), but talk of renaming Sunderland's stadium is very OTT.

I'll be honest. That's how I felt but I haven't said anything out of fear that I would appear emotionally skewed and get judged for it and not falling in line.

Any child dying is terribly sad.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think this situation is different from other families going through the same. Everyone deals with grief in different ways and it appears that in this situation the family want to spread the word about the condition and raise awareness. He was a remarkable young man as I am sure hundreds of other young people battling cancer are, however because of events he is known around the world instead of only being known to the close circle of friends and family as it normally the case.

From what I have read the family seem to be dealing with their grief by setting-up a memorial fund and doing everything they can to raise awareness and money so that hopefully one day families do not have to go through the heartache they are going through. With people like Defo involved I am sure that they will raise a huge amount of money for cancer research and cancer care. Naming a stand after him is something that will be the decision of Sunderland and the family. Though how about setting aside the opening game of the season for collections at grounds around the country?

Most of the Sunderland Fans I've read about on the Internet don't want that either to be honest, some are suggesting a stand and far more would rather see the Family area at The Stadium of Light named after him.

As for the publicity today, I believe this all being done to raise further funds for The Bradley lowery Foundation which is to further advancements in the Treatment of the type of cancer that killed him and currently stands at just over £1 million.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Most of the Sunderland Fans I've read about on the Internet don't want that either to be honest, some are suggesting a stand and far more would rather see the Family area at The Stadium of Light named after him.

As for the publicity today, I believe this all being done to raise further funds for The Bradley lowery Foundation which is to further advancements in the Treatment of the type of cancer that killed him and currently stands at just over £1 million.

I thought this morning whether the REMF could be used as a template for the The Bradley Lowery Foundation; ie having an annual charity match between Sunderland and Newcastle fans as a fundraiser.

I thought this morning whether the REMF could be used as a template for the The Bradley Lowery Foundation; ie having an annual charity match between Sunderland and Newcastle fans as a fundraiser.

It's been discussed already on their respective forums.

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003

Yeah, great idea. (He said trying not to sound insensitive now).

I loved Bradley and he fought with the courage of a lion, but with regards to the quote above, in one word "this"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here