Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton After Knockaert?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know why threads like these are even started. If everyone printed what a mate had said we'd make Football Rumours look like a credible wealth of current transfer activity.

What about rumours that one of your sons has heard in the pub?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The OP stated that he'd heard a rumour (and I believe that to be true - it'd be a funny sort of thing to lie about!), and, although he didn't give it a great deal of credibility, he enquired if anyone else had heard it.
Seems a perfectly reasonable question to ask on a football chat site.

My point is that if we all did the that we'd be snowed under with threads. I think folk naturally open the thread expecting a credible new source to have suggested something only to hear that it came from a mate. The natural feeling that ensues is "Why bother ?".

The OP also states 'I'm treating this one as the biggest load of bollocks going..' which begs the question 'Why pass this bollocks on to a few thousand others ?'.

Best way of checking if anyone else has heard is the search in Google or Twitter.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There's an amount of money we'd be prepared to sell him for. Unless you are Real Madrid or Barcelona pretty much everyone has a price. I'd expect that price would be so far above his true value currently that no one would be prepared to pay it. (Hope)

Jul 7, 2003
Knockaert doesn't.

Yes he does. If someone comes in with a silly bid then why not sell.

If we take off the blue and white tinted specs for a minute, he is unproven in the top flight and was not totally consistent in the Championship.

I don't want to see him go but every player has his price and you have to remember that he is not even an international winger. The recruitment team will have a list of replacements as a contingency if needed.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Given the current transfer market, and Assombalonga going for £14 milllion, surely Knockaert would conservatively be worth £20 to £25 million.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm treating this one as the biggest load of bollocks going, but a Saints supporting friend of mine had heard that Southampton were sniffing around and were interested in AK. Said friend was asking what was Knocky like.

Anyone else heard about this strange rumour?

Tell him Albion have more financial clout and we'll be cherry picking his team if it comes down to it not visa versa, then ask about one of his teams better players and say that Tony Blooms mentioned him and there may be a bid..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never mind. Think about it - if we all started a thread based on a throw away comment that a mate says.....
It wasn't a throwaway comment though, was it.......it was an enquiry about whether he'd heard the rumour, and from the Stains' fan's point of view, a query about how he rated Knocky.

I shall start one shortly based on a mate who is Bristol City fan who thinks we might be after Mattie Taylor.
You have a mate? :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why do people bother posting utter shit like this? Don't people engage brain first ?

I engaged brain thank you very much. My first sentence described the rumour. I was merely asking if anyone else had heard about it, or is that not allowed in your eyes?
Seems a fair enough answer.

PS, I answered, no I haven't heard it. It didn't hurt, and I didn't get angry!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I expect all 12 of the teams outside the big 7 will have asked how much Knockhaert would cost. The best Championship players are always wanted. I also expect we'll have pointed out about double his value and thus no-one will offer anything like that with better options at 20% of the cost abroad.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Everyone has a price if someone offered £30 million and you could buy two star players at £15million. However I want see him running at the Premiership defences, I trust CH & TB to do what's best for the Seagulls.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I expect all 12 of the teams outside the big 7 will have asked how much Knockhaert would cost. The best Championship players are always wanted. I also expect we'll have pointed out about double his value and thus no-one will offer anything like that with better options at 20% of the cost abroad.

I suspect they wouldn't have asked. We would hardly sell him to our immediate rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here