Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to "Ladies and Gentleman"

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The problem started when Gender began to usurp sex as classification in the 90s, or Identity promoted above biology. This needs to be swapped back as there are so many problems with it I wouldn't know where to begin. As gender identity is a self classification it will erode how people relate to each other and the world.

Put bluntly I cant read someones mind to see what they identify as so will go on biological best guess which is good enough, if people are upset with tha thats their problem
This has nothing to do with manners or inclusiveness but is the destructive force of post modernism working its way through a culture that has lost confidence in itself.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'm not sure I trust these "papers" anymore given the current moronic nature of liberal mindsets permeating through universities.

What were once seats of learning are now seats of stupidity. Any organisation that offers "gender studies" as a legitimate course I dismiss as an institution of low standing.

If a man thinks he's a cow he's mad, if a man thinks he's a woman he's mad.

You're a ****ing idiot

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Presumably the next thing TfL will have to do is scrap separate toilet facilities in case people are too confused or offended to pick the right one. They will all have to be labelled as 'everyone'.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You're a ****ing idiot

Not really. Just have my eyes and ears more open than you do.

Did you ever read the paper on Carbon fiber masculinity: Disability and surfaces of homosociality?

It's a paper about how carbon fibre is sexist.

That's the kind of shit that the real ****ing idiot liberals are churning out of universities these days.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This rhetoric of why is it a thing now is rubbish.

I have been involved with people changing gender identity daily for the last seven months. One thing I can tell you is it isn't a new or young thing.

My patients are all ages, personalities and parts of Europe/UK.

I've heard time and time again how they couldn't come out before due to societal pressures many having been virtually disowned as a result.

Some are starting to come out now as it is more understood and accepted.

Still a long way to go, and going purely from this thread if our open minded forward thinking city still talks like this it's further than I thought.

Really shocked at some of this and think many will look back and wonder how people could speak like this.

I welcome this change which many won't even notice but will make some feel more welcomed than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An opinion from someone who works with those who are affected by this change.

Sounds like it is a small step in making life better your patients. That'll do me.

Sadly it is my guess that the conspiracy theorists will ignore your post and carry on.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
May be a minority view on NSC, but im definitely in the 'couldnt give a shit' group. Seriously, if this actually 'offends' peoples sensibilities, it redefines the word 'snowflake'.

I do not think 'it' offends anyone in reality, what offends me is that the stupid fuxxers who think this kind of thing is actually a step forward have got their way, again. Same people who believe kids should be taught about 'gender fluidity' no doubt.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sadiq Khan is a complete and utter c*nt of the highest order.

Trying to latch on to anything he can and also stoking any fires that make him look good.

Enjoy your 1 term and then go to where you really would love to live.

Is 'Sadiq Khan' an alias of The Lord Jeremy?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do not think 'it' offends anyone in reality, what offends me is that the stupid fuxxers who think this kind of thing is actually a step forward have got their way, again. Same people who believe kids should be taught about 'gender fluidity' no doubt.
Why is it not a step forward?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why is it not a step forward?

Because it offers nothing, just a different form of address, that is all it is, new. It really doesn't change anything, a group of people like it, a different group of people don't like it, there is no gain. Change should be for the good of the majority, as there will always be a minority of people adversely affected by any change.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Seriously man, what ever other people do, really doesnt bother me in the slightest. It makes no change to my life, or how I live it. Im too old to give a shit about most things anyway tbh

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Personally I think it's a load of PC nonsense and I couldn't care less what is being said by recorded voice through a tannoy at people that are not listening anyway but if it makes someone feel more included then why not.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I see this has the backing of the unions.
Can we expect the next congress to drop gender bias and gently remind some comrades to not say “brothers and sisters” when making a speech or at least amend it to “ brothers, sisters and the gender neutral”?

I hope someone has told Jeremy to update his non inclusive language.
http://jeremycorbyn.org.uk/articles/jeremy-corbyns-speech-to-the-tuc/

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Because it offers nothing, just a different form of address, that is all it is, new. It really doesn't change anything, a group of people like it, a different group of people don't like it, there is no gain. Change should be for the good of the majority, as there will always be a minority of people adversely affected by any change.

Bloke who works with the group in question posted earlier that he was supportive of the idea. That is good enough for me.

How is anyone adversely effects by this?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bloke who works with the group in question posted earlier that he was supportive of the idea. That is good enough for me.

How is anyone adversely effects by this?

Change has a financial cost, it always does. The effect may be minimal but it exists. How is anyone actually positively effected by this? Maybe someone feels more included perhaps? Conversely maybe somebody else feels more consigned to a lonely old age as they no longer connect with the world around them? Lets be real about this, it is all very subjective apart from there is a minimal financial cost.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Change has a financial cost, it always does. The effect may be minimal but it exists. How is anyone actually positively effected by this? Maybe someone feels more included perhaps? Conversely maybe somebody else feels more consigned to a lonely old age as they no longer connect with the world around them? Lets be real about this, it is all very subjective apart from there is a minimal financial cost.
As I said, a poster who works with said people thinks this is a positive move. Despite the added cost (minimal retraining?? What else?) and some lessons feeling less connected because of this (really??, my guess is most wouldn't even notice) I am still on the side of 'step in the right direction'.

How is Melbourne treating you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
why do 12 year olds need to offered options on their gender bias......i reckon being gay is seen as hip and trendy by todays yoooof..!
What is this insightful observation based on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here