Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to "Ladies and Gentleman"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here we go AGAIN. 1 person in a thousand MAY be offended so everyone else must change to accommodate. How about my rights or because I am one of the two 'traditional' genders (!!!!) do I have no right to be addressed in the 'traditional' manner?

Assuming this isn't just click bait, too tired to check if this is fake news or not.

el punal

I have said it before (and beeen crucified by NSC) that in 1901 when you go for a pee the toilets are labeled "gentlem and ladies". In the rest of the stadium if you go for a pee you go to the"men" or "women". What t is the problkem? The only difference is that if you are a 1901'er the queue is shorter and you pee in a prceline urinal rather than a plastic one.

Have you got hiccups?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Seems fair enough to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have said it before (and beeen crucified by NSC) that in 1901 when you go for a pee the toilets are labeled "gentlem and ladies". In the rest of the stadium if you go for a pee you go to the"men" or "women". What t is the problkem? The only difference is that if you are a 1901'er the queue is shorter and you pee in a prceline urinal rather than a plastic one.

Feck me - feck off :moo:
Speak fecking ENGLISH ffffffffffffsakkke

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Crazy . The country has gone mad .

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Some of the public construction jobs we are working on in NYC now have to have gender neutral toilets. They already had unisex WCs which worked well but they were not good enough for our right on Mayor. Nice little earner for sign makers though.

all-gender-bathroom-696x331.png

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
May be a minority view on NSC, but im definitely in the 'couldnt give a shit' group. Seriously, if this actually 'offends' peoples sensibilities, it redefines the word 'snowflake'.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Yet again another example of how pathetic our society has become.
That now saying "Ladies and Gentlemen" might in some way hurt the feelings of someone who doesn't wish to be or called either.
But yet again...fvck the general population who don't go out of their way to be offended by anything they possibly can be...especially 'words'...because it's all about bowing down to the 'might be offended by it' now isn't...and anyone who dares speak out and disagree will be instantly labelled with being an 'ist'....insert whatever before!
How pathetic our society has become?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
May be a minority view on NSC, but im definitely in the 'couldnt give a shit' group. Seriously, if this actually 'offends' peoples sensibilities, it redefines the word 'snowflake'.

Totally agree.
Also redefines the phrase "Common Sense"...!
If people want to be what ever they want to be....couldn't give a flying fvck... none of my business!
But by making everyday phrases or descriptions something that needs to changed in case it might possibly offend some group of people who choose to be called something different...you are now offending me...but as a white straight male....my feelings don't count, do they????....Not in the slightest!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A small change that negatively effects nobody but positively effects some. All good, carry on.

Don't know what people are complaining about to be honest.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why make a big announcement over this?
Transport for London bosses could have told employees to stop saying " Ladies and gentlemen" and start saying "Hello everyone"
Not sure why it's such a big thing, unless TFL are saying " oh look at us, we are so PC " :rolleyes:
Imagine the conspiracy theories flying about if they had tried to do it under the radar? The right wing press would be frothing at the mouth.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A small change that negatively effects nobody but positively effects some. All good, carry on.

Which implies it negatively affected some to begin with, the part I struggle to fathom.

Don't know what people are complaining about to be honest.

Not quite as confusing as posts like this implying people are getting annoyed about it. I stated it was ****ing ridiculous, that's an opinion not a complaint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here