Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fridays friendly

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hunemeier did alright, one mistake but most sharp out the CBs IMO. Thought Bong was good other than some poor touches. Solly and Murphy pick of the bunch and a very nice finish from both him and Tomer.

Norwood - I just don't know, he spent most of the half finding Maenpaa and losing out physically. He did win a header much to my surprise and the 50/50 you mention in the lead up so I guess he did alright. Skalak and Towell were poor as were a handful in the first half.

MotM to Sidwell for a couple of 'reducers' which were rather satisfying. Dirty ****s.

Good call re Sidders - they really were quite dirty. Yes, Solly was okay as well, I liked Gross, as he kept finding the 'soft' part of the pitch between the midfield and forwards.

Norwood I thought did well, and I don't rate him at all normally.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This can't be right....Murphy. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Scored!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hunemeier did alright, one mistake but most sharp out the CBs IMO. Thought Bong was good other than some poor touches. Gross looks a tidy player agreed. Solly and Murphy pick of the bunch and a very nice finish from both him and Tomer.

Norwood - I just don't know, he spent most of the half finding Maenpaa and losing out physically. He did win a header much to my surprise and the 50/50 you mention in the lead up so I guess he did alright. Skalak and Towell were poor as were a handful in the first half.

MotM to Sidwell for a couple of 'reducers' which were rather satisfying. Dirty ****s.

I'm sorry, but reports such as this make me inwardly smile. Pre-season friendlies, certainly the very first one such as this, are a means of getting fit. No more and no less. Individual performances are neither here nor there.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm sorry, but reports such as this make me inwardly smile. Pre-season friendlies, certainly the very first one such as this, are a means of getting fit. No more and no less. Individual performances are neither here nor there.

As do posts like this for me. As if I haven't seen my fair share of pre-seasons.

Surprised you didn't go to the next level of condescending bellendery and suggest that I'm wetting the bed because we didn't play well. :shrug:

It's a game of football, I gave my take on the performances. Whether it is considered a walk in the park or a fitness exercise it's there to be commented on.

Also, if you had actually watched the game you'd realise that it was anything but 'friendly'.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
A few observations:

1. The B team looked better overall.
2. Düsseldorf start their season in two weeks so are ahead of us in terms of pre-season.
3. Murphy has a directness that none of our wingers has.
4. The players are a credit to the club. All happy to pose for a photo with my boys. Hughton, Murray, Bruno and Baldock especially happy to chat.
5. Dunk had to be restrained from confronting one of their players at half-time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As do posts like this for me. As if I haven't seen my fair share of pre-seasons.

Surprised you didn't go to the next level of condescending bellendery and suggest that I'm wetting the bed because we didn't play well. :shrug:

It's a game of football, I gave my take on the performances. Whether it is considered a walk in the park or a fitness exercise it's there to be commented on.

Also, if you had actually watched the game you'd realise that it was anything but 'friendly'.

This. Whether we agree or disagree about the merits of Bong, they are honest opinions about something we enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Well, good work on the counter from Murphy and Bong but if young Sanchez is going to break through he really needs to work on his distribution, two clearences both to the team playing in white. Shouldn't be that difficult to pick out one of his team mates in all black? Impressed with Maenpaa though, looked solid.

Sanchez usually has excellent distrubution for such a young guy and Stockers never gave any away I suppose....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Dusseldorf played like Brentford w/o a MacLeod and a Hogan. A good test which we did not do very well at. As they played three at the back we ought have created more in the first half and the second half.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I thought we won!? Can't have done that badly in our first run out.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

That's a bit unfair. If he'd banged on about a 'great result' then yes, by all means point out it's just a training exercise and means nothing. However he just highlighted a few people who he thought looked good in training and some who didn't. Fair enough IMO.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Only watched the second half, but for what it is worth I thought that Bong,Norwood and Murphy were our stand out players. Even given the standard of the opposition it is still encouraging as Bong and Norwood are two that I think will struggle in the Premiership. To me it shows that they are at least prepared to show what they have got and to fight for the chance to play there. There will always be surprises on who can step up and who can't anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here