Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by burnee54 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, good work on the counter from Murphy and Bong but if young Sanchez is going to break through he really needs to work on his distribution, two clearences both to the team playing in white. Shouldn't be that difficult to pick out one of his team mates in all black? Impressed with Maenpaa though, looked solid.
    Sanchez usually has excellent distrubution for such a young guy and Stockers never gave any away I suppose....

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I thought Dusseldorf played like Brentford w/o a MacLeod and a Hogan. A good test which we did not do very well at. As they played three at the back we ought have created more in the first half and the second half.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I thought we won!? Can't have done that badly in our first run out.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk
      We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm sorry, but reports such as this make me inwardly smile. Pre-season friendlies, certainly the very first one such as this, are a means of getting fit. No more and no less. Individual performances are neither here nor there.
      That's a bit unfair. If he'd banged on about a 'great result' then yes, by all means point out it's just a training exercise and means nothing. However he just highlighted a few people who he thought looked good in training and some who didn't. Fair enough IMO.

Falmer here we come

1 Not allowed!
      Only watched the second half, but for what it is worth I thought that Bong,Norwood and Murphy were our stand out players. Even given the standard of the opposition it is still encouraging as Bong and Norwood are two that I think will struggle in the Premiership. To me it shows that they are at least prepared to show what they have got and to fight for the chance to play there. There will always be surprises on who can step up and who can't anyway.