Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seaford - Grey Seal

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
There are regular spottings of Seals at Eastbourne Harbour. I have seen a lone seal on several occasions

maskia

Jun 4, 2017
seals are great white shark food. A great white shark was said to have been spotted off hayling island recently!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Makes a change from the 'blind sailors' and used condoms that used to float in the sea off Seaford.Used to be quite off-putting when mackerel-spinning!

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Makes a change from the 'blind sailors' and used condoms that used to float in the sea off Seaford.Used to be quite off-putting when mackerel-spinning!

Mackerel Spinning you say. Did it look like this?
Fish_Bike_2.jpg

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Whilst walking along East Preston beach earlier this year was surprised to find this .....

20170221_123834.jpg

sadly they had to put it down a couple of days later

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It may be a harbour seal. We had one in Newhaven three years ago. She was named Rusty and gave birth to her pup. Unfortunately both of them died.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11383983.The_most_famous_seal_in_Sussex_gives_birth/

I believe Chichester has a few harbour seals.

That was really sad. My son is in the sea cadets down in Newhaven and we used to spend ages quietly watching Rusty from afar after he finished at the unit. Unfortunately we saw a lot of people clambering over the rails and rocks to get close up photos of them both once she had given birth. The noise was ridiculous as well sometimes from kids jumping up and down shouting and screaming. Whether this had any bearing on the pup & Rusty dying I dont know, but it certainly wouldn't have helped stress levels at a vulnerable time for both of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1258506355830185984[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here