Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SUSSEX V HAMPSHIRE T20 Hove Today 18.30 KO SS2

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Spoilt for options to follow this. 5extra, Sky or if I had been better organised I could have trecked nearly a mile to the ground. Instead I'm following it on the BBC website

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
55655542.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"Archer's got to go". My mind went wandering a couple of decades back..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hants do their usual number on us...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We'll start winning matches for fun as soon as a quarter final spot is out of reach.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We'll start winning matches for fun as soon as a quarter final spot is out of reach.

Bloody better beat Kent a week on Sunday. I'm going, and taking Mrs P to her first cricket match of any description.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brainless selection by Sussex - there's little point in playing an extra bowler in T20, they're there as fodder. I assume Van Zyl's injured but what's wrong with Finch? Or Wells (who has developed a new aggressive persona in FC cricket)? I'd pick four bowlers (Jordan, Wiese, Briggs and Beer), fill in with Nash and Wells (and Van Zyl when fit) and seven batters. And where's Robinson? He's playing in the Seconds, he'd be useful too.

BTW, what's happened to Mills? Million pound cricketer, plastered all over their advertising and not a peep about him.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Brainless selection by Sussex - there's little point in playing an extra bowler in T20, they're there as fodder. I assume Van Zyl's injured but what's wrong with Finch? Or Wells (who has developed a new aggressive persona in FC cricket)? I'd pick four bowlers (Jordan, Wiese, Briggs and Beer), fill in with Nash and Wells (and Van Zyl when fit) and seven batters. And where's Robinson? He's playing in the Seconds, he'd be useful too.

BTW, what's happened to Mills? Million pound cricketer, plastered all over their advertising and not a peep about him.

Wells can no longer bowl due to his serious injury

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BTW, what's happened to Mills?
Million pound cricketer, plastered all over their advertising and not a peep about him.

I thought he was injured.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought he was injured.

There's nothing on the Sussex website about him being injured - just about him signing a two-year extension, he's also in the squad photo for the game.

Nor is there anything about whether Finch and Van Zyl are injured.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There's nothing on the Sussex website about him being injured - just about him signing a two-year extension, he's also in the squad photo for the game.

Nor is there anything about whether Finch and Van Zyl are injured.

Injured - back.

Abysmal decision putting Hampshire in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
good match if luke cud have stayed a bit longer and made 80 odd like vince did we may have chased that down must beat kent now sunday week

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.

Quite apart from his longstanding back condition, Mills is currently recovering from a hamstring strain. I believe this is a similar injury to the one that restricted his appearances in the IPL. He's a bit of a glass ornament fitness wise and I wouldn't be confident of seeing much of him.

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015

Don't think Robinson is allowed to play in the first team this year (any form) due to contract issues - still being paid by ex club although playing for Sussex 2nds. If Sussex want him in 1st's would cost a fair bit to buy him out. On a trial thing really. Crowd was reasonable but for 'local Derby' not as high as hoped. These 20/20's have Friday night written all over them.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Don't think Robinson is allowed to play in the first team this year (any form) due to contract issues - still being paid by ex club although playing for Sussex 2nds. If Sussex want him in 1st's would cost a fair bit to buy him out. On a trial thing really. Crowd was reasonable but for 'local Derby' not as high as hoped. These 20/20's have Friday night written all over them.

Isn't that Angus Robson rather than Ollie Robinson who played in the first XI regularly last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here