Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When should we panic? - Transfers Activity

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looking forward to start of season but after the highs of promotion the lack of signings it is rather an anti climax. It is nearly 4 months since promotion cant believe how little we have done. A full back and goalkeeper who hopefully are better but are just replacements for players that were not our weakness. Gross only one that may improve us..Hemed and Murray maybe able to play a bit part but why did we not have someone lined up. It is a joke that they look like been our central attackers in first game. Murray is clearly the better but think he only started 7/8 games for Palace and Bournmouth and neither will give Premier defences much problem. Huddersfield signings may not perform but on promotion they knew who they wanted and got them. Unlike us if they fail they cannot be accused of not been prepared or not giving it a go.
You just had a feeling after two super seasons the current crop would have a crack at it and you'd think that would be the correct decision.
I'm sure it will send us down without doubt.No way will we sign players in January as it would be pointless and difficult to attract players while struggling.

If we're to add real quality it has to be this month and I'm not seeing any signs of this happening.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
You just had a feeling after two super seasons the current crop would have a crack at it and you'd think that would be the correct decision.
I'm sure it will send us down without doubt.No way will we sign players in January as it would be pointless and difficult to attract players while struggling.

If we're to add real quality it has to be this month and I'm not seeing any signs of this happening.

It's rapidly coming to the time where all the calls of people being so called bedwetters actually have had a cause for concern.soon the lack of transfers will demonstrate lack of foresight and planning and I cannot see the prices coming down any time soon... therefore signings get made and you question is it plan A or Z, and where initially it looked like a plan it could becomes mad panic.. the Fans forum could prove to be interesting if people ask challenging questions rather than stupid questions that answer the sum total of nothing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Now!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I support our club, but point out their failings... you bury your head in the sand...

No failings as far as I am concerned, just opinions. We have not failed at all, we are barely starting. Keeping our financial integrity while stealthily building a team that can survive the first year is exactly what CH and TB are doing. I think it is safe to say that this first year in the PL has been on the planning table for a long time so I don't buy into the 'Failed/naive/boys v men/ yo-yo plan B" damp mattress mentality. Maybe if we did 90 million on a couple of 'names' everyone would feel better about our chances, I understand that, but it ain't going to happen. I just see it differently, and being a 40 year long supporter see us in the best shape ever, in the best league ever with a good chance of surviving if we keep to our game-plan. It's done well for us so far.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No failings as far as I am concerned, just opinions. We have not failed at all, we are barely starting. Keeping our financial integrity while stealthily building a team that can survive the first year is exactly what CH and TB are doing. I think it is safe to say that this first year in the PL has been on the planning table for a long time so I don't buy into the 'Failed/naive/boys v men/ yo-yo plan B" damp mattress mentality. Maybe if we did 90 million on a couple of 'names' everyone would feel better about our chances, I understand that, but it ain't going to happen. I just see it differently, and being a 40 year long supporter see us in the best shape ever, in the best league ever with a good chance of surviving if we keep to our game-plan. It's done well for us so far.

Done well for us in the Championship...

Being unrealistic about market prices, and watching the ship sink, is not good planning...

I easily match your 40 years BTW...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As I said, now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here