Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When should we panic? - Transfers Activity

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Worse than Huddersfield for sure, but then of course we've still got more cash left in the kitty. Basically we haven't shown our hand yet.

Don't see how it is worse than Huddersfield as we have no idea whether the players they've spent money on are any good. If it turns out to be panic buying, then our business may well have been better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Listening to Adrian Durham on Talksport last night he was panicking for us and thought our business has been poor so far, when compared to the other two clubs promoted.

He's a shite-stirrer. I finally weaned myself off of TalkSport a while back, which was great for the brain and no more van ad's. I only ever listened due to my liking for anything sport.

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
Listening to Adrian Durham on Talksport last night he was panicking for us and thought our business has been poor so far, when compared to the other two clubs promoted.

Durham is vermin that spouts verbal diarrhoea. He has a massive chip on his shoulder about HTFC stemming from him being a posh fan. "Goughie" is not much better and comes across as a complete tool lacking any knowledge about a subject he's paid to talk about. Both are the archetypal crap on talkshite.

You've sunk to a new low when anyone gives any credence to the rubbish they spout.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Is it time?

Not sure if it's time to panic, no doubt deals will be done etc.. but it's been really boring so far. I thought it would be hectic and deals would've been done early.
I'm totally fed up of hearing about Development players and the working hard behind the scenes mantra.

A decent new signing before Athletico would certainly lift my spirits

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Not sure if it's time to panic, no doubt deals will be done etc.. but it's been really boring so far. I thought it would be hectic and deals would've been done early.
I'm totally fed up of hearing about Development players and the working hard behind the scenes mantra.

Pretty much how I feel amount.

I'm not one for calling for ££££ to be spent, but god "investment in the future", and articles about "not panicking" to me indicates our recruitment strategy could have potentially backfired.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

agree.

My dreams of the summer before the KO in the prem were absolutely miles from how its been. A more boring uneventful summer its hard to remember on the transfer front against what is required and expected.

The daily articles of late about the lack of money and over inflation just seem to have a familiar ring to them and not what any of us want to read.

Everyday have hoped.

I honestly thought we would go for it a bit

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
agree.

My dreams of the summer before the KO in the prem were absolutely miles from how its been. A more boring uneventful summer its hard to remember on the transfer front against what is required and expected.

The daily articles of late about the lack of money and over inflation just seem to have a familiar ring to them and not what any of us want to read.

Everyday have hoped.

I honestly thought we would go for it a bit

I posted this in another thread but given the chatter about money and lack of, if Hudders can spend 40 million quid and not run the risk of going bankrupt and we can't spend more than 10 so far without there being a concern for our finances something is really, really wrong with our club.

We're fine financially, we're just a tight and very, very naive bunch on and off the pitch this season and we're going to get taught some very brutal lessons if we do not make a few more significant additions. What a strange summer it has been. Reminds me of Arsenal and all the Wenger out stuff, every fan in the stadium can see what they need and how they need to go about it, but the club won't for whatever reason and continue to make excuse after excuse.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's loads of clubs that haven't yet been that active in the transfer market. Spurs haven't signed anyone at all, Newcastle have hardly done any business either. I think it will all kick off at the end of the window.

I'm sure Hughton would love to bring in Tom Lawrence from Leicester, but there are questions marks over the future of Mahrez, Demarai Gray, Danny Drinkwater and Ulloa so I can't see the Foxes letting go of Ipswich's Player Of The Season any time soon.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
There's loads of clubs that haven't yet been that active in the transfer market. Spurs haven't signed anyone at all, Newcastle have hardly done any business either. I think it will all kick off at the end of the window.

I'm sure Hughton would love to bring in Tom Lawrence from Leicester, but there are questions marks over the future of Mahrez, Demarai Gray, Danny Drinkwater and Ulloa so I can't see the Foxes letting go of Ipswich's Player Of The Season any time soon.

According to Naylor we are no longer interested in Lawrence.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
No damp sheets here. I am expecting good news about the same time I get my sons GCSE results, at the end of August and will enjoy our sub radar bum fluffery until then. You just know CH and TB are going to come up with the goods. Glad we have not done the family silver on a bunch of Billy big bollox divas just to keep the 'spend or die' Pamper wearers happy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No damp sheets here. I am expecting good news about the same time I get my sons GCSE results, at the end of August and will enjoy our sub radar bum fluffery until then. You just know CH and TB are going to come up with the goods. Glad we have not done the family silver on a bunch of Billy big bollox divas just to keep the 'spend or die' Pamper wearers happy.

Complacency personified... well done you...

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Complacency personified... well done you...

images.jpg

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Looking forward to start of season but after the highs of promotion the lack of signings it is rather an anti climax. It is nearly 4 months since promotion cant believe how little we have done. A full back and goalkeeper who hopefully are better but are just replacements for players that were not our weakness. Gross only one that may improve us..Hemed and Murray maybe able to play a bit part but why did we not have someone lined up. It is a joke that they look like been our central attackers in first game. Murray is clearly the better but think he only started 7/8 games for Palace and Bournmouth and neither will give Premier defences much problem. Huddersfield signings may not perform but on promotion they knew who they wanted and got them. Unlike us if they fail they cannot be accused of not been prepared or not giving it a go.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to start of season but after the highs of promotion the lack of signings it is rather an anti climax. It is nearly 4 months since promotion cant believe how little we have done. A full back and goalkeeper who hopefully are better but are just replacements for players that were not our weakness. Gross only one that may improve us..Hemed and Murray maybe able to play a bit part but why did we not have someone lined up. It is a joke that they look like been our central attackers in first game. Murray is clearly the better but think he only started 7/8 games for Palace and Bournmouth and neither will give Premier defences much problem. Huddersfield signings may not perform but on promotion they knew who they wanted and got them. Unlike us if they fail they cannot be accused of not been prepared or not giving it a go.

Well said...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is nearly 4 months since promotion cant believe how little we have done. Hemed and Murray maybe able to play a bit part but why did we not have someone lined up. It is a joke that they look like been our central attackers in first game. Huddersfield signings may not perform but on promotion they knew who they wanted and got them. Unlike us if they fail they cannot be accused of not been prepared or not giving it a go.

Good points.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I support our club, but point out their failings... you bury your head in the sand...

Just out of curiosity i wondered if you will be popping along to the fans forum...maybe its an opportunity to point out the clubs apparent failings?

Spot on. After 34 years out of the top league you would have thought the club would be doing everything possible to give it a go. Very disappointed with our transfer activity so far. Score Predictor back on Sunday.
Will be interesting

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes, if only we were as well prepared for the new season as Southampton, who lost 4-0 at home to Augsburg last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here