Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When should we panic? - Transfers Activity

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I saw it mentioned on twitter that Paul Barber was on Talksport today and said there would be nobody coming in over the next couple of days...

Hope that helps with the anxiety...

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Our Defence is strong and relatively established, we sign Gómez and I would be happy. Neto would have been a good signing and this is a position we are actively looking to fill and we are prepared to spend 8-12 million to fill this position. Up front is where most concerns lie. We need another winger and striker. Lua Lua was the option when AK went off injured and great player that he has been, I can't imagine him now being fit or good enough. I don't think we can rely on GM being our first choice although he will have a role to play, TH is an unknown but want even first choice last year, SB has fitness concerns and took 2 yrs to adapt to the Championship even though he had a great season last year. We would need two top class strikers vying for that one up front slot. My final concern is a reluctance to buy players with Premier league experience due to the prohibitive cost. I think we will have to bite the bullet if we want is thrive and survive. It also concerns
me that people think being a yoyo club is an option as ther is no guarantee that if we weee relegated we would come straight back up(ask Villa and Norwich) Am I panicked no but must confess to being slightly nervous but team spirit and leadership is also crucial and we have that in buckets.

Team spirit is a valuable asset you can't buy so I am hoping that CH is going to find the balance with new additions. I'm expecting a few nice surprises over the next couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

maskia

Jun 4, 2017
signing players from relegated clubs or previous loanees best we can do we could be in trouble

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I saw it mentioned on twitter that Paul Barber was on Talksport today and said there would be nobody coming in over the next couple of days...

Hope that helps with the anxiety...
Wouldn't it be refreshing if one time Paul Barber went on the radio or had an interview when he was upbeat about transfer business and said something like "there's one or 2 pieces of good news coming for the fans regarding incoming players this week".

Come on, just once...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Wouldn't it be refreshing if one time Paul Barber went on the radio or had an interview when he was upbeat about transfer business and said something like "there's one or 2 pieces of good news coming for the fans regarding incoming players this week".

Come on, just once...

I agree completely...'seems to be a consistent silence about everything...as a result makes people a little concerned..

This should be a real feel good time..look at Huddersfield and all their signings/kits/ sleeve sponsors etc.. need to step up a Gear to show we ARE PREMIER LEAGUE READY...rather than talk about it when we were not, and act on it now we are...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree completely...'seems to be a consistent silence about everything...as a result makes people a little concerned..

This should be a real feel good time..look at Huddersfield and all their signings/kits/ sleeve sponsors etc.. need to step up a Gear to show we ARE PREMIER LEAGUE READY...rather than talk about it when we were not, and act on it now we are...

Currently we are Premier League (for one season) Ready

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
to original question .. we should never panic. us and Newcastle strolled the championship. we are stronger than we think. we added a little already and still trying to add more.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Come on, just once...

Like he could have done ahead of announcing Neto is joining us, you mean?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I think Mr Bloom and Mr Barber and Chris Hughton will do as good as a job as can possibly be done . These are wise guys and we 're lucky to have them on board . Unlucky with Neto deal of course however we will have other targets less obvious and newsworthy than Delaney for example .

However its clearly not going to Plan A at the moment . But there will be a Plan B and these guys know as well as we do that we are a few sandwiches short of a proper picnic at the moment ....

I m going to ruin my cred after a sensible post by saying i think we need to invest upwards of 20 million in strikers or hopefully get those quality of players for less in the next few weeks - otherwise are we going to bring a gem out the development squad - an Owen , a Rooney - surely there's one of these kids whose got what it takes ... ?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hudds and Everton have bought enough players to have a whole new team, each have signed at least 10 players now.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Another upbeat Argus piece this morning with the now famous Baldock injury taking longer than expected line. This and no news on Knockheart has me worried. Now down to 2 strikers and missing our best player as it stands and Barber said yesterday on the radio nothing in for a few days at least.
I try to put it down to getting up early but I think I am officially very concerned. Not been a great summer so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here