Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When should we panic? - Transfers Activity

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I have felt quite cool and calm about the transfer activity at the club up until this week. Maybe it’s tickets going on sale but I can feel, deep down an eensey weensey bit of unease creeping in. It might just be that fish I ate at the weekend….. My head says all will be well in the first week or so in August as it's all about the trickle down effect of big clubs buying in replacements before letting players go or assessing them over preseason. Still there is that unease setting in a little bit.

Anyway, It got me to thinking, (never a good thing) when do you think we should go full Lance-Corporal Jack Jones about the lack of transfers if no more are forthcoming?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Time to panic is the annual day that Barber uses the word 'overheated' in an interview to describe the striker market.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For me personally, if we have not got another strong starting 11 player in by August i will start to get a bit angsty.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be fair, though, we could do with a signing soon.

I'm not sure many predicted that when Ryan signed it would be 26 days and counting until the next signature.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Am I the only one who's not in the least bit nervous and just enjoying my summer?!

No. There's no point in worrying, as we can't do anything about it, in any case. Summer is great, especially if the sun comes out again today.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have felt quite cool and calm about the transfer activity at the club up until this week. Maybe it’s tickets going on sale but I can feel, deep down an eensey weensey bit of unease creeping in. It might just be that fish I ate at the weekend….. My head says all will be well in the first week or so in August as it's all about the trickle down effect of big clubs buying in replacements before letting players go or assessing them over preseason. Still there is that unease setting in a little bit.

Anyway, It got me to thinking, (never a good thing) when do you think we should go full Lance-Corporal Jack Jones about the lack of transfers if no more are forthcoming?

The club (CH) have already hinted that we won't have all the players we would like by the time we play City. The first week of September should, hopefully, be better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd set myself a cutoff point of 9:04am this morning. I'm in for a tense few minutes before, as it seems, I begin running around the house screaming hysterically.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We haven't got the clout of some other Premier League teams, so will probably have to mop up at the end.
Players will be wanting to be signed up by the close of the window as well, or they won't get wages.
It will be the usual scenario for us, but in a different league.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
£50 million for a Barkley or Dier, £25+ million for a Iheanacho. I'm intimidated by the money at this level.
But, i won't panic quite yet- although there can be no doubt that the longer the players have to gel the better our chances of survival. Call me pessimistic but I think we're still 4 or 5 players away from a competitive squad.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
... when Bloom or Hughton mentions our team spirit as a positive in an interview or piece discussing a relatively barren / low spend transfer window.

That would indicate that they know it just didn't happen as planned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here