Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When should we panic? - Transfers Activity

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Perhaps this chap?

[tweet]885807841235415041[/tweet]

@SkySportsNewsHQ just said we are in negotiations with AS-Saint Etienne for Neal Maupay! We are battling Brentford him #BHAFC

only age 20 and played in top French league. U21 france tick

Like the look of him

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Signing Suttner and potentially Neto will ease my panic by a lot. A few more players on the list but both of those positions are vital needs for improvement.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now is the time to panic

Knocky is crocked.......Murphy has scored a goal which CHRIS may think is good enough for our forward line......we are dooooooooomed I tell ye.......dooooomed.

Time to listen to queen, bohemian rhapsody and panic with a glass of Chilean Pinot noir.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perhaps this chap?

[tweet]885807841235415041[/tweet]

@SkySportsNewsHQ just said we are in negotiations with AS-Saint Etienne for Neal Maupay! We are battling Brentford him #BHAFC

Battling Brentford??? What. Premiership or Brentford...please!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not panicking (not cpmplacent either).

Some who are yelling for a GK, CB, LB and RB, CM and AM, three strikers, etc, are way off the mark. I might even consider a mild use of the word, 'idiot'.

We need to improve our squad (and I trust that we have) but I for one don't want to see the whole f***ing wonderful team that got us up replaced by a load of incomers. Improve, yes - chuck the whole lot out and start again - no. I want to see a decent number of last season's team having a go at the PL. At Christmas we might have a better idea of who might need to be shipped out and replaced - but decimating the entire squad now? No - go and do one!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can understand losing out to teams like Man U or Liverpool etc. but Brentford !
Maybe just as well, as the player obviously has no ambition, Brentford !

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I can understand losing out to teams like Man U or Liverpool etc. but Brentford !
Maybe just as well, as the player obviously has no ambition, Brentford !

Depends on what the player wants. Maybe he feels he is more likely to be guaranteed first team football at Brentford and then if he does well there, it puts him in the shop window for a more lucrative move later down the line. Brentford have been a bit of a stepping stone club for a few players in recent years, Andre Gray for example.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here