Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bury v Brighton from 1976/77 is on BT Sport 2 9pm tonight! Could someone record it...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've worked it out. Watch BT Sport on Live Media Player, record it, then mirror the iPhone on my computer, record that, then upload the video to YouTube. Phew! Some of this techno stuff was new to me but I managed it! Upload to follow....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The highlights didn't show a single piece of action with the Albion in possession or in their opponents half.

The goals were soft and the defence was terrible. Judging from this match football has improved beyond all comprehension to what it is today.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The highlights didn't show a single piece of action with the Albion in possession or in their opponents half.

The goals were soft and the defence was terrible. Judging from this match football has improved beyond all comprehension to what it is today.

Did you not watch us in the late 90's?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Trust me, don't judge the Albion in that season based on that performance (or more importantly that TV edited performance). That was my first full season supporting them and didn't miss a home game. Not far off an average of 3 goals per home game and, of course, promotion.

Great day out for the thirty on our coach made our way straight into the home end and were surrounded by several hundred bury,bolton,man city and utd who due to International break were not playing. Crazy days although memory is a bit blurred,the season before we took a seagull special up so had better numbers and some bolton lads helping out. Pretty sure that was the game but i couldn't recall the result:rolleyes: We had a 5.30am start and even had to pick from some ones house,rip NK,had our numbers boosted by 10 bosun still only had around 30 on our coach but the right 30 tbf:moo:

Last edited:

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Great day out for the thirty on our coach made our way straight into the home end and were surrounded by several hundred bury,bolton,man city and utd who due to International break were not playing. Crazy days although memory is a bit blurred,the season before we took a seagull special up so had better numbers and some bolton lads helping out. Pretty sure that was the game but i couldn't recall the result:rolleyes: We had a 5.30am start and even had to pick from some ones house,rip NK,had our numbers boosted by 10 bosun still only had around 30 on our coach but the right 30 tbf:moo:

Aye, if Bolton didn't have a game, we would often pop over to Bury to torment the locals, sometimes allied to the away fans & sometimes on our own.........but we were never with the Bury, City or utd lot who for some reason disliked us more than the away fans !! Happy days.

Aye, if Bolton didn't have a game, we would often pop over to Bury to torment the locals, sometimes allied to the away fans & sometimes on our own.........but we were never with the Bury, City or utd lot who for some reason disliked us more than the away fans !! Happy days.

Met barney from bolton in Turin 1980 a bit of handful(in a none kemptown sort of a way)

Jan 30, 2008
Met barney from bolton in Turin 1980 a bit of handful(in a none kemptown sort of a way)

went to Bolton on the "special" years back, they were mob handed as we left Bolton station on the way to the ground, came out of a pub near the ground if I remember, didn't see to many Bolton at the Goldstone for the return match which attracted a crowd of over 27k, any idea ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Oldham away 78 was a fun day!
remember being outside Oldham station after the game when a van pulled up and a load of Brighton got out the back , the days when every body sat on a few chairs chucked in the back :D, worse one at Oldham was when BHA lad got thrown through the pub window after the game in town , Oldham lad called Spence had warned them that Oldham were on there way to the pub , serious injury Brighton lad never went to a game after that :(
regards
DR

remember being outside Oldham station after the game when a van pulled up and a load of Brighton got out the back , the days when every body sat on a few chairs chucked in the back :D, worse one at Oldham was when BHA lad got thrown through the pub window after the game in town , Oldham lad called Spence had warned them that Oldham were on there way to the pub , serious injury Brighton lad never went to a game after that :(
regards
DR

A bit off a mess that day!???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here