Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When will people get into their heads that discrimination is discrimination, all acts of discrimination are a positive action to achieve a negative affect on a united society. I am personally offended by this advert in the same way I would be offended if it said whites only or men only or rich people only. I will get over being offended as I am retired but put yourself in the place of a 20 year old unemployed white person from a poor working class background. It is ads like these which are ammunition for people like the EDL.
    Sorry it isn't. Depends on what industry you work in.

You would be surprised. I know a big City Legal firm that on the quiet takes in some very troubled individuals.

That in itself is "discrimination" - discriminating on the basis that because of their background they would struggle to get a job stacking shelves.

They make sure they come out with some form of qualification, even if that means being excellent in the print room.

This isn't political correctness at all. Believe me it's a force for good.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      hate this sort of stuff. Best person for the job gets it regardless of your ethnic origin.
      Unless you're from a BAME background, you really can't say this. You need to read up on your history, sit down and have a think. Cheers.
      Squat Cobbler

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Viper View Post
      All roles advertised through Creative Access are only open to UK nationals from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority.

Lol what?

Edit - I'm no lawyer but just a basic google brings up this - https://www.gov.uk/employer-preventi...on/recruitment

I'm sure they have a ton of loopholes but still, that's gross.

Pascal does not qualify.
      Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.

---- L. Ron Hubbard

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brightonfan1983 View Post
      Unless you're from a BAME background, you really can't say this. You need to read up on your history, sit down and have a think. Cheers.
      I really can say this, its the only correct statement in this thread, if treating everyone equally is wrong... then i really dont know what to do anymore, thats what i do and will continue to do.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
      Pactum serva The Merry Prankster's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I really can say this, its the only correct statement in this thread, if treating everyone equally is wrong... then i really dont know what to do anymore, thats what i do and will continue to do.
      But people are not treated equally. You may do so but in general they are not. Things like this seek to redress the imbalance.

What gets me is that there has been unfairness for years and years and yet any hint of a small amount of unfairness tin the opposite direction that might be necessary to address this is, jumped on.

I'd have to question the motives of the jumpers.
      Half measures availed us nothing.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Merry Prankster View Post
      But people are not treated equally. You may do so but in general they are not. Things like this seek to redress the imbalance.

What gets me is that there has been unfairness for years and years and yet any hint of a small amount of unfairness tin the opposite direction that might be necessary to address this is, jumped on.

What's fairness have to do with it? It's your idea of fairness. Honestly you'll be going for reparations next. Absolute nonsense.

You shouldn't punish innocent people for the wrong doings of others in the past which is what you are suggesting here.

0 Not allowed!

It may well redress the balance, but in my opinion it is not the way to go about it, education on this is the best way to go.

Adds like this as we can clearly see cause as many problems than they are solving in my opinion.

I would imagine there are people from a BAME background that would also be unhappy with this kind of job add ?

I really dont enjoy being told i need to read up on my history for daring to say I treat everyone equally.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.

0 Not allowed!
      It may well redress the balance, but in my opinion it is not the way to go about it, education on this is the best way to go.

Adds like this as we can clearly see cause as many problems than they are solving in my opinion.

I would imagine there are people from a BAME background that would also be unhappy with this kind of job add ?

I really dont enjoy being told i need to read up on my history for daring to say I treat everyone equally.
      I didn't suggest you should.

0 Not allowed!
      I didn't suggest you should.
      I know you didnt.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod Marsh View Post
      What's fairness have to do with it? It's your idea of fairness. Honestly you'll be going for reparations next. Absolute nonsense.

You shouldn't punish innocent people for the wrong doings of others in the past which is what you are suggesting here.
      Substitute "equality' for 'fairness'. If it helps. Inequality can be measured.

Great debating technique to link something perfectly reasonable with something extreme. Vote Labour - you must support Hamas.

Firstly I'm talking about addressing current inequality not historic and secondly what I'm suggesting is that if the process causes the pendulum to swing slightly the other way for a short period then that is a price worth paying.