Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Goldstone Restaurant

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They still don't get it do they , stick a bloody dart board in there , a juke box and some soft furniture , paint the walls a nicotine colour , put a poster of linda lusardi nibbling sam fox's ear up and bobs your uncle a matchday venue to be used by all and sundry (community) like the stadium says on the label and it would be full matchday , these corporate type places are like a bloody plague sweeping across modern day football , it's like the cheeky fekka pubs asking you to pay to get in the pub on new years eve .

Mind you this is of course my own very individual opinion and welcome all put downs from jumper over the shoulder wearing yuppies .

How very 1970's.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why does anyone care? Perhaps this is how some people enjoy the football, it boggles my mind but there is obviously a market for it.

If I was rolling in it I'd just be thankful I could get to 46/38 games a season without having to worry financially, rather than looking for ways to look and feel important in amongst muted corporates.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice procure I wonder if it was created before or after the event

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is legally the case, that is why you so often read about a glass of 'bubbly' on arrival. If it says Champagne it has to be Champagne (and if it's not you can demand and get a discount).

I remember when you used to get a free "bottle of bubbly" at The Event when it was your birthday. From memory it was actually Perry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Personally I couldnt give a toss what they charge.
I go to watch and support my team, meet friends and have a few beers and a pie, despite how much they are increased this season.
They wont get my money or custom but good luck to those that want to do that if it floats their boat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Happy to whine on about the price of a pie, that he never buys, yet happy to splash out on rounds of double Hennessey's on a night out in Haywards Heath! :mad:

On the face of it the double brandy fitted the day and just to klet you have a bigger mioan our bill in La Campaqna was just over £200 for 4 of us. I wanted to sit outside either Svanahs or Orange Sq and have another drink on my way home., I chose Savanahs The pies at The Amex along with the Harveys never represent VFM to me so I do not buy them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I go to watch and support my team, meet friends and have a few beers and a pie, despite how much they are increased this season.

Isn't this pretty much what these Goldstone Restaurant types will be doing?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
They still don't get it do they , stick a bloody dart board in there , a juke box and some soft furniture , paint the walls a nicotine colour , put a poster of linda lusardi nibbling sam fox's ear up and bobs your uncle a matchday venue to be used by all and sundry (community) like the stadium says on the label and it would be full matchday , these corporate type places are like a bloody plague sweeping across modern day football , it's like the cheeky fekka pubs asking you to pay to get in the pub on new years eve .

Mind you this is of course my own very individual opinion and welcome all put downs from jumper over the shoulder wearing yuppies .

Love it .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think all of this only becomes a problem if the relative silence from the corporate areas begins to affect the atmosphere. Pretty sure that's a long way off (although the rest of us can be pretty much mute too during the game).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here