Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Goldstone Restaurant

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"jumper over the shoulder wearing hippies"? I think you're confusing your insult terminology.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I know we are from an afluent area, but how do people justify paying it.. need to be a bloody lottery winner !

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Interesting, but why should we be bothered if commercial businesses wish to pay silly money, good for them (and the club).
If the club can increase revenue by 'over charging' commercially, could it be argued that this helps maintain our season ticket cost?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know we are from an afluent area, but how do people justify paying it.. need to be a bloody lottery winner !
Or a large corporate company who want to show off to customers, while doing magic stuff with the taxman, all in the hope of generating more income.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

My wife bought us a HB restaurant hospitality package for our 30th Wedding Anniversary last season - it was a brilliant experience, with an excellent meal and great hosting and staffing - and we won - which was nice :)

But it was pretty much a one-off for us (and at £140 inc VAT a head from memory considerably less expensive than this season's prices!)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'd suspect you would lose your money, then.

If it says Champagne, it will be Champagne.

And the numpties that you are so keen to denigrate, will be the ones allowing the club to keep your season ticket reasonable

Jesus Christ man, wind your neck in. One, I ain't got a season ticket no longer due to logistics but I have never had a problem with others who wish to spend plenty of cash, and have done myself on a number of occasions. Perhaps it is me subsidising you smartarse?

And if you really do believe that a description of Champagne in a marketing release actually guarantees that is what is served then more fool you. It should legally be the case but back in the real world......

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Jesus Christ man, wind your neck in. One, I ain't got a season ticket no longer due to logistics but I have never had a problem with others who wish to spend plenty of cash, and have done myself on a number of occasions. Perhaps it is me subsidising you smartarse?

And if you really do believe that a description of Champagne in a marketing release actually guarantees that is what is served then more fool you. It should legally be the case but back in the real world......
Crikey. Bit harsh. [emoji23]

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

It is legally the case, that is why you so often read about a glass of 'bubbly' on arrival. If it says Champagne it has to be Champagne (and if it's not you can demand and get a discount).

Interesting, but why should we be bothered if commercial businesses wish to pay silly money, good for them (and the club).
If the club can increase revenue by 'over charging' commercially, could it be argued that this helps maintain our season ticket cost?

Maintaining them at the highest level they have ever been! Inflation taken into account we are paying around 4 to 5 times the entrance price we were when last in the top division.:moo:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am struggling to see who their right mind will pay this?

I am sure some companies will pick it up for corporate entertainment but blimey it really is a lot of money for that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If they serve minced beef on toast with my champagne I could be tempted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here