Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is good enough for the Albion's Premier League squad?

Who is good enough for the Albion's Premier League squad

• Mathew Ryan

Votes: 280 87.2%
  • Niki Mäenpää

Votes: 182 56.7%
  • Bruno

Votes: 254 79.1%
  • Gaëtan Bong

Votes: 130 40.5%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 264 82.2%
  • Uwe Hünemeier

Votes: 238 74.1%
  • Lewis Dunk

Votes: 315 98.1%
  • Shane Duffy

Votes: 308 96.0%
  • Connor Goldson

Votes: 159 49.5%
  • Dale Stephens

Votes: 311 96.9%
  • Beram Kayal

Votes: 276 86.0%
  • Steve Sidwell

Votes: 239 74.5%
  • Oliver Norwood

Votes: 39 12.1%
  • Pascal Groß

Votes: 287 89.4%
  • Rohan Ince

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Jamie Murphy

Votes: 139 43.3%
  • Solly March

Votes: 299 93.1%
  • Jiří Skalák

Votes: 85 26.5%
  • Kazenga LuaLua

Votes: 23 7.2%
  • Anthony Knockaert

Votes: 315 98.1%
  • Sam Baldock

Votes: 238 74.1%
  • Tomer Hemed

Votes: 211 65.7%
  • Glenn Murray

Votes: 297 92.5%
  • Richie Towell

Votes: 25 7.8%

• Total voters

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
View attachment 87119

First column shows number of votes cast for each player, second column shows % of voters that have voted for that player. (based on 240 voters at time of doing graph)

Current starting 11 would be

GK Ryan
RB Bruno
CB Dunk
CB Duffy
LB Rosenior
CM Stephens
CM Gross
CM Kayal
LW March
RW Knockeart
FW Murray

That's not a bad starting 11 is it? It also shows we don't need to sign 6 or 7 players like Huddersfield have, we just need a couple of extra players who would add additional quality. Weak areas for me are LB and FW.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
View attachment 87119

First column shows number of votes cast for each player, second column shows % of voters that have voted for that player. (based on 240 voters at time of doing graph)

Current starting 11 would be

GK Ryan
RB Bruno
CB Dunk
CB Duffy
LB Rosenior
CM Stephens
CM Gross
CM Kayal
LW March
RW Knockeart
FW Murray

Brilliant work

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
That's not a bad starting 11 is it? It also shows we don't need to sign 6 or 7 players like Huddersfield have, we just need a couple of extra players who would add additional quality. Weak areas for me are LB and FW.

Not a bad starting 11 if we were still gracing the Championship but sadly we are in with the big boys now.......:shrug:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Not a bad starting 11 if we were still gracing the Championship but sadly we are in with the big boys now.......:shrug:

We are not really going to be competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal etc. More the likes of Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Stoke, Swansea, Palace, West Ham, to name a few. I think our squad is comparable to those teams, but yes we do need to strengthen in certain areas.

D

Deleted member 2719

If that was our starting 11, we would need better supporting players in the Premiership, i still don't think Murray can lead the line against the Premier league centre backs.

Definitely need 5 more IMO.

D

Deleted member 2719

We are not really going to be competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal etc. More the likes of Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Stoke, Swansea, Palace, West Ham, to name a few. I think our squad is comparable to those teams, but yes we do need to strengthen in certain areas.

I know what your saying but i can not see us comparable to West Ham or Stoke.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I know what your saying but i can not see us comparable to West Ham or Stoke.

Fair point in terms of quality of squads, ours is weaker. Although I think West Ham and Stoke could struggle this season and both lose managers early in the season.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
If that was our starting 11, we would need better supporting players in the Premiership, i still don't think Murray can lead the line against the Premier league centre backs.

Definitely need 5 more IMO.

Touché, that's why Palace & Bournemouth let him go....:shrug:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am concerned that many are suggesting Rosenior as left back as I am fairly sure that he will be needed to cover Bruno at right back.

not really, people are just voting to say he is good enough for the premier league, which he has proved before unlike our other full backs.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think that many are at cross purposes with some suggesting a starting XI which is what I was commenting on.

I posted a starting XI based on the current voting. Rosenior is 10th based on the current vote, 1 place ahead of Bruno, as Rosenior has played way more football at left back than Bruno that is why I put them that way round. Bong the only other left back in the squad is way down in 19th place and with half the votes of Rosenior. Based on current votes that is our best starting XI.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who do you think has what it takes?

(Hold your horses - multi-choice poll en route)

Thank you Bozza for starting this poll. Interesting results already.

I voted for 17 of the players, even though I often debate/moan that we need to get in a lot top flight quality this summer, which I stand by.

The overwhelming majority don't rate Skalak and Norwood as PL good enough, as do I. In debates others consider it disloyal crime to doubt Skalak's PL credentials .... turns out the quiet majority think the polar opposite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here