Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you hate Palace?

Do you hate Palace?

• Yes, I HATE them. It's in my BHA DNA and nothing will change that.

Votes: 183 58.3%
  • Yeah, I hate them. My mates do, and so do I although I'm not sure why

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • About as much as any other team we're playing on any given day

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • No, it's all nonsense. I thought we'd moved on from this outdated football idiocy.

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • No, I LOVE them. They're my second team who I like to watch if I can't watch the mighty Albion.

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Since that fateful day 4 years ago, I've been happy that we haven't had to play Palace, and so feel no joy in the prospect of having to face them again twice this season, with all the angst, aggro and general nonsense that goes along with these fixtures. So do YOU hate Palace? Is this rivalry an old Albion tradition that we need to cling to, particularly at a time when our success means to many that day by day we are having to sacrifice a little bit of our soul as we aim to compete in that shiny, faceless, soulless money driven machine that is the Premier League? Or do you believe the rivalry should be consigned to the trash bin, along with bovver boots, skinheads, street fights, and other stupid outdated football idiocy?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I hate Palace. I also hate Captain Hook and JR Ewing.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I hate them Have since I was little and see no reason to change now. If you want to pursue this new age happy clappy version of being a football fan then good luck, that is your choice, but for me and others of my generation and circle WE HATE PALACE!!!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I also hate Simon Cowell and Dick Dastardly.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Missing the option

I see them as our main rivals, but I don't hate them

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's not really 'hate' is is... but anyone who was there in the 70-80s will have a healthy deep-seated rivalry with Palace that is not going to go away.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Hate Hate Hate with every bone in my body.

Club, fans, town everything about them, they make my blood boil.

The world would be better off without them in it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

You have to be of a certain age to truly understand what the rivalry is all about.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not hatred, I've got mates who were Palace fans I've known since school. Rivals and some banter, definitely.

I'm seriously not looking to all the bile and nonsense that's going to go on in November when we play them.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Missing the option

I see them as our main rivals, but I don't hate them

Yep, I'll go with this. Proper rivalry... Old-school terrace rivalry. But I don't hate them. Got some (Brighton dwelling) mates that are Palace fans and they're good blokes who love their team. We always rip the piss out of each other. They're actually glad that we're in the Prem because they think it's good for the City and the rivalry. But none of us want the tear ups that accompanied the games in the 70s and 80s. Too old for that shit.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In reality? Meh.

In a football rivalry way I detest them, that is what tradition is all about, you can keep modern football thanks.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Why no 'Meh' option? I could have voted for that.............................

Same as "About as much as any other team we're playing on any given day" - ie. very little.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here