View Poll Results: Do you hate Palace?

Voters
314. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I HATE them. It's in my BHA DNA and nothing will change that.

183 58.28%
  • Yeah, I hate them. My mates do, and so do I although I'm not sure why

8 2.55%
  • About as much as any other team we're playing on any given day

66 21.02%
  • No, it's all nonsense. I thought we'd moved on from this outdated football idiocy.

50 15.92%
  • No, I LOVE them. They're my second team who I like to watch if I can't watch the mighty Albion.

7 2.23%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I hate palace when we play them.
    Just dislike them other times.
    The problem is over the last 25 years we have rarely played each other meaning that when we do play each other it is more intense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brighton till I die

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      We are all football fans and we have something in common. We would have thought we could be civilised.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, the pub landlord knows better and calls the Police before it kicks off.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

0 Not allowed!
      Does the Pope shit in the woods?
      Deputy Head of HR, Orel Butchers plc

"I read a book a week, so it'd take more than a question like that to catch me out"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The red pepper kid View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      your post is laughable im not sure where you get off with your attitude let me put you straight
      a) there is not 13 league clubs closer than palarce with any relevant history of actual rivalry
      b) all things have a starting point and it is very far from artificial
      c) manufactured- Leeds have as many geographic rivals as palarce- but historically Chelsea are a team they love to hate
      d) desperate - we have an identity and we have had many rivals down the years and are still gaining new ones
      e) does the mutual animosity scare you
      you come across like a worried child concerned about items you cant change, "chuckle behind their hands and pour scorn"--REALLY ?
      This wont go away both sides wont let it .
      Football is a odd thing more important then life and death, that is why animosity turns to hatred and violence--because it matters !

a) I was stating the fact that, geographically, there are 13 league clubs nearer to Palace than us. I made no mention of rivalries, although there is clearly bad feeling between both Charlton and Millwall v Palace.
      b) Fans will argue til they are blue in the face as to whether it grew naturally/organically or was contrived. I am in the latter camp, others will think differently.
      c) Comparing Leeds to our situation with Palace is a poor example. Leeds were one of the biggest clubs in Europe for years and became the team to hate in this country. Their single biggest rivalry is with Man Utd. Pure hatred. Other clubs dislike Leeds as well, including Chelsea ( 1970 Cup Final ) and Sheff Wed, in particular. There is general and widespread dislike of Leeds, borne out of a mixture of envy, attitude and achievement.
      d) Of course we have an identity but my argument, like it or not, is that we are naturally neutral as a club. What are the rivalries you refer to and how many are really serious?...Pompey, Swindon, Reading, Luton, Chesterfield, etc....we have had spells where they were at the forefront, briefly, but not anymore and who are the new different rivals?
      e) No mutual animosity scares me. I guarantee that in 50+ years of supporting BHA, I have been to Selhurst Park more times than yourself. Whatever figure you come up with, I can add at least 10 to it. I have drunk in Palace pubs. I know Palace fans. I have drunk in solid Millwall pubs and been to the Old Den countless times and even stood alongside diehard Lions. Been attacked on terraces, seen mates punched to the ground, fought back, been chased to railway stations and been stoned with bricks and bottles.
      f) Certainly not a worried child, just a mature fan who pre-dates the rivalry and who struggles to embrace it. I can't help it. It just doesn't sit naturally with me. I'm not alone. Read these threads. I know we are in the minority but hey ho, we are entitled to our opinion, as you are to yours.
      I've seen enough hatred and violence in football to last two lifetimes. When I was younger, I got wrapped up in too much of it. The adrenalin kicked in. It does when you are adolescent. I don't crave it now and I certainly don't go looking for it. I dislike the nastiness in our relationship with Palace. Its grubby and ugly and I avoid it. My choice.

Do you hate Palace?

0 Not allowed!
      Hate is not the word i would use, rivalry is. I have 4 or 5 Palace friends, including one life long mate and boy do we banter, but nothing more. Yes love it when they lose. I have for the last 2 years, most games bet on Palace to lose, so as you can imagine quids in. I really not understand the hatred and violence, surely if you support a different team does that mean that I want to beat them up? Very strange. The big debates and things we can never agree on are:
      1.Zaha is a cheat
      2.Selhurst is the pits
      3.Poogate and no apology
      4.Their very strange chairman on twitter all the time.
      5.Drummers, goal music, cardboard cut display, T shirt cannon, Chavs and fans only turn up in prem.

Their rants are:

1. We are plastic fans
      2. they hate our ground (jealous)
      3. Clappers (think we have only used them twice)
      4.We are only here due to Bloom (true)

But rather spend time with this lot than other football fans, as we share fun, drinks and stories and never felt the word hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      Couple of things here. Firstly, Selhurst Park IS in London, SE25 to be precise, not Croydon which is a CR postcode. Secondly, as a matter of interest, did you go to any of the Albion/Palace games when the rivalry kicked off (literally) back in the 1970s? If yes, which ones and we can compare notes.
      I was there in the 70's yes, born in 63 allowed me to learn at the earliest games I could go to, and then join in once my parents let me go on my own.

Happy happy days, and once the latter teenage years kicked in there was not a better feeling waking on a Saturday morning knowing we would try and take over their patch away and they would try and take over ours.
      I am such a Naughty Boy.
      Members
      Bitterne,Southampton, close to the M27 and 65 miles from the Temple of Bloom.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
      I was there in the 70's yes, born in 63 allowed me to learn at the earliest games I could go to, and then join in once my parents let me go on my own.

Happy happy days, and once the latter teenage years kicked in there was not a better feeling waking on a Saturday morning knowing we would try and take over their patch away and they would try and take over ours.
      Yes, definitely hostile in those days. I had to hold back my girlfriend at the time from lamping a Palace fan who was giving the 'Billy Big Bollocks' after we 'lost' to Palace at Stamford Bridge. So impressed was I that I married her!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      Yes, definitely hostile in those days. I had to hold back my girlfriend at the time from lamping a Palace fan who was giving the 'Billy Big Bollocks' after we 'lost' to Palace at Stamford Bridge. So impressed was I that I married her!
      Top Top Bird then.
      I am such a Naughty Boy.
      Members
      Bitterne,Southampton, close to the M27 and 65 miles from the Temple of Bloom.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
      Top Top Bird then.
      Yep! She's got a powerful right hook!
      NSC's Benefits Guru

0 Not allowed!
      Where is the option for, 'Who the **** are Palace?'
      All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers