Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you hate Palace?

Do you hate Palace?

• Yes, I HATE them. It's in my BHA DNA and nothing will change that.

Votes: 183 58.3%
  • Yeah, I hate them. My mates do, and so do I although I'm not sure why

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • About as much as any other team we're playing on any given day

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • No, it's all nonsense. I thought we'd moved on from this outdated football idiocy.

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • No, I LOVE them. They're my second team who I like to watch if I can't watch the mighty Albion.

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well at a guess I'm about the same age as you and I do hate them. Your opinion of that is yours and that is up to you. Judging by the poll though mine appears to be the prevailing view but patronise away if it makes you happy...

Patronising, moi...

The point is the poll says "it's in my Brighton DNA" how can that be for me, and you if your assertion we are the same age, as my Brighton DNA pre-dates the rivalry!

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Personnally hate playing them can't relax for days before , there is no enjoyment and pleasure for me .
Find it difficult to even talk to someone once i find out they support them , irrational I know but as said before just of a certain age !

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Personnally hate playing them can't relax for days before , there is no enjoyment and pleasure for me .
Find it difficult to even talk to someone once i find out they support them , irrational I know but as said before just of a certain age !

Same as. You have to be of a certain age.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I hate them, & Millwall, & Portsmouth.
All other clubs I hate for the 90 mins we're playing them. Those previous 3 though; all the time, hate them.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Your generation! How old are you then as the rivalry really only goes back to 76.
The rivalry started for me in August 74. The palarse came down expecting to run riot and take liberties with the locals because they came from London and thought they were Billy big bollox and Brighton would just melt away. They didn't win the game on the field and off the field they wanted to go home pretty damn quick. Do I hate them yes, with a passion yes especially in my earlier years but waned slightly as I got older. Now its inflamed again since the Championship semi-final. I have missed the rivalry between us, seeing who is going to be top dog. Saying all that, now that I'm in my 60s I have mellowed and hope that it is only banter we throw at each other.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Yes I do hate them but i would nt wish harm on any of them though.just football humiliation

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hate is too strong a word. Yes, I take great enjoyment seeing them lose, and in a Keeganesque way, I would have loved it, absolutely loved it had they done what was expected and got relegated last season, and I go into a deep dark funk when we lose to them for a day or two. But hate? No.

I think the contribution by many of their supporters to REMF activities has raised the rivalry level to "almost" friendly.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I really only hate them sometimes.

In the morning after I wake, in the mid-morning after brekkie, in the late morning after checking my work and heading for the office whichever town I go to, at noon after starting my lunch break, in the early afternoon during my lunch break, when I'm posting on NSC in different parts of the afternoon, in the early evening when I'm thinking of driving home, in the mid-evening when I am driving home, in the late evening during dinner, in the late evening when the sun starts to set, in the later evening in front of the telly, after midnight when I again post on NSC and the whole time I'm sleeping dreaming the red & blue Palarse (there will be two matches this season where it won't be a dream anymore) are losing to the Albion Glorious hatred of the CPFC should never be underestimated.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hate Hate Hate with every bone in my body.

Club, fans, town everything about them, they make my blood boil.

The world would be better off without them in it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

You have to be of a certain age to truly understand what the rivalry is all about.

So what if you are of a certain age that pre-dates the rivalry?
What if you started out as an Albion fan and there was no animosity, no antagonism, no rivalry. All Albion fans of a certain age grew up realising that we were a neutral club. We had no natural rivals. Pompey was 50 odd miles away and busy with Saints. Crawley were non-league and Palace were a London club, whose main rivals were Millwall. Palace didn't even register on the radar. There are thirteen league clubs nearer to Palace than us. Thats how laughable it all is but the young, the naive and the impressionable all got got caught up in a sort of manufactured, artificial hype, that has been perpetuated by those desperate for an identity and a rivalry.
For Palace, it was a way out. It enabled them to rid themselves of Millwall, who scared them shitless. Brighton was far more attractive than the grime of Bermondsey and Peckham. For Mullery and Venables, it was a chance for them to vent their mutual dislike of each other via the two clubs. Two clubs that were very ordinary when they both took over but their ruthless ambition, made them drive both forward to better things. It was ugly at times and this animosity spread to the fans, as the climate of the time demanded aggression and turmoil. Newer generations know no different. They embrace this irrational rivalry with a passion and spend their lives wishing misfortune on the other. Its not a pleasant thing. Its ugly and coarse and to be avoided at all costs. It brings out the worst followers of both clubs, looking for trouble.
The rest of the football world are puzzled. They don't get it. A London club surrounded by chimney pots and other clubs v a seaside resort 50 miles away. Most chuckle behind their hands and pour scorn at the lack of history behind it. Lets face it, its a modern phenomenom and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
You pour your hate and bile out at Palace, if it makes you happy. Me, its just another game.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Do defeats by Palace hurt more than defeat by any other club - yes; do I hate them - no. Heaven would be beating them home and away, finishing above them in the league and knocking them out of at least one cup competition every season for eternity.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What if you started out as an Albion fan and there was no animosity, no antagonism, no rivalry. All Albion fans of a certain age grew up realising that we were a neutral club. We had no natural rivals. Pompey was 50 odd miles away and busy with Saints. Crawley were non-league and Palace were a London club, whose main rivals were Millwall. Palace didn't even register on the radar. There are thirteen league clubs nearer to Palace than us. Thats how laughable it all is but the young, the naive and the impressionable all got got caught up in a sort of manufactured, artificial hype, that has been perpetuated by those desperate for an identity and a rivalry.
For Palace, it was a way out. It enabled them to rid themselves of Millwall, who scared them shitless. Brighton was far more attractive than the grime of Bermondsey and Peckham. For Mullery and Venables, it was a chance for them to vent their mutual dislike of each other via the two clubs. Two clubs that were very ordinary when they both took over but their ruthless ambition, made them drive both forward to better things. It was ugly at times and this animosity spread to the fans, as the climate of the time demanded aggression and turmoil. Newer generations know no different. They embrace this irrational rivalry with a passion and spend their lives wishing misfortune on the other. Its not a pleasant thing. Its ugly and coarse and to be avoided at all costs. It brings out the worst followers of both clubs, looking for trouble.
The rest of the football world are puzzled. They don't get it. A London club surrounded by chimney pots and other clubs v a seaside resort 50 miles away. Most chuckle behind their hands and pour scorn at the lack of history behind it. Lets face it, its a modern phenomenom and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
You pour your hate and bile out at Palace, if it makes you happy. Me, its just another game.

As a palace fan of a certain age, that just about sums it up.

I also live in Sussex so have many Brighton fans as mates, like to beat you yes and to be honest I like the extra needle but it is a manufactured rivalry.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hate? No
Despise? Yes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey

Well said, could not agree more

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I hate them Have since I was little and see no reason to change now. If you want to pursue this new age happy clappy version of being a football fan then good luck, that is your choice, but for me and others of my generation and circle WE HATE PALACE!!!

Genuine question - what is your generation? what age?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not Palace as such, but the palace goons that come on NSC can do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here