Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Ticket binfest/availability

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Managed to get a ticket for the WBA game - chuffed to bits!

there's been a lot of negativity on this board in recent days about the club "ripping off" fans - your post captures what's really important - I share your "chuffedness"!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
there's been a lot of negativity on this board in recent days about the club "ripping off" fans - your post captures what's really important - I share your "chuffedness"!

Why thank you sir. More than happy to share.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Mortified I can't count the dots yet. But I think that inlaws have the necessary so I'll grab their details.

Outta interest how many seat were available at the start and was the shelf available ?

About 150 left on the shelf (N2A & N2B), still around 400 left in both W1A & E1H. Others are mostly single seats with about 10 left in each block.

Also, interestingly S1A is being sold for home fans. The away fans appear to be in S1B to S1F.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hopefully my s ticket will be here before the 6th Aug as my daughter will be using it.

About 150 left on the shelf (N2A & N2B), still around 400 left in both W1A & E1H. Others are mostly single seats with about 10 left in each block.

Also, interestingly S1A is being sold for home fans. The away fans appear to be in S1B to S1F.

Thanks. Might this mean we are slimming down the 5 columns of segregation? Cant see the away 3000 squeezing into S1B to S1F if 5 columns (circa 240 seats) are excluded each end. Would be a good move if so and would ensure a new record crowd for the first game.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Very pleased so far - I was able to go online last night & buy tickets for the games I wanted in the area I prefer. I had been worried that unless I logged on & joined the bun fight at 9am I wouldnt get any. But there were & 4 in a row.

Long may this continue (for me)

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
You need a friend who has a bronze member (fnarr) and then log in as them

Is it that simple though.
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] are you logging in as a STH or Bronze member with enough points?

This is a nonsense restriction the club have put in place, and doesn't treat STHs in the same way as Bronze/YS+ members. Have fired off an email to them, wish me luck.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This is a nonsense restriction the club have put in place, and doesn't treat STHs in the same way as Bronze/YS+ members. Have fired off an email to them, wish me luck.

What are you complaining about, exactly? Why should season ticket holders be able to log in to see ticket availability if they can't purchase a "guest" ticket yet?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
What are you complaining about, exactly? Why should season ticket holders be able to log in to see ticket availability if they can't purchase a "guest" ticket yet?

Anybody (regardless of points status) should be able to buy tickets on behalf of their F&F, if those F&F are eligible for the match in question. But the site blocks this.

For example, at the moment I can't buy tickets for eligible Bronze/YS+ members unless I use their account log on, which of course goes against all common sense. There's no such restriction in place if I were to phone the ticket office or go to the Amex in person, so why online ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

No, it's exactly the same.

My son is YS+ and when logged in as him I can't see seats.

However he doesn't have 20 points so is unable to buy at the moment. And that is the crux I believe: access is determined by whether you qualify to buy or not. A season ticket holder does not qualify to buy currently so can not proceed to the point where seats are visible.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
No, it's exactly the same.

My son is YS+ and when logged in as him I can't see seats.

However he doesn't have 20 points so is unable to buy at the moment. And that is the crux I believe: access is determined by whether you qualify to buy or not. A season ticket holder does not qualify to buy currently so can not proceed to the point where seats are visible.

It's not the same. My YS+ son has a Man City ticket in the bag , and so he's no longer eligible to buy a ticket (you can't buy two) yet can still see the seats (which is correct because he may wish to buy for eligible F&Fs.

I'm a STH, and so also already have a Man City ticket in the bag, yet I cannot see the seats.

You're right in that access is determined by eligibility of the fan number logging in, but that shouldn't be relevant. It's eligibility of the F&F that counts. As would be the case over the phone or in the ticket office.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anybody (regardless of points status) should be able to buy tickets on behalf of their F&F, if those F&F are eligible for the match in question.

Should they?

In previous seasons, if tickets for an attractive away fixture went on sale to season ticket holders requiring a certain number of points: if a season ticket holder who DID NOT have enough points had a F&F who DID have enough points, would that season ticket holder be able to buy a ticket for his F&F? I genuinely don't know the answer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not the same. My YS+ son has a Man City ticket in the bag , and so he's no longer eligible to buy a ticket (you can't buy two) yet can still see the seats (which is correct because he may wish to buy for eligible F&Fs.

I'm a STH, and so also already have a Man City ticket in the bag, yet I cannot see the seats.

You're right in that access is determined by eligibility of the fan number logging in, but that shouldn't be relevant. It's eligibility of the F&F that counts. As would be the case over the phone or in the ticket office.

In my post above, I had started to type a line about the drawback with the current approach is that I couldn't buy for a F&F person who is eligible for a ticket but I deleted it.

In most cases, I think if person A isn't eligible to buy a ticket but person B is, it should probably be person B logging in to buy it. For parent/child situations though, it does seem nonsensical that the parent can't buy for the child (assuming adult is a STH and the child isn't) and I'm with you on that.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Should they?

In previous seasons, if tickets for an attractive away fixture went on sale to season ticket holders requiring a certain number of points: if a season ticket holder who DID NOT have enough points had a F&F who DID have enough points, would that season ticket holder be able to buy a ticket for his F&F? I genuinely don't know the answer.

Not online, because the button would be faded out, but you would be able to do this over the phone or in the ticket office.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Should they?

Yes, I believe so from what I recall. As I posted above, in my mind there's not a significantly strong case for this having to be available other than the parent/child scenario.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
In my post above, I had started to type a line about the drawback with the current approach is that I couldn't buy for a F&F person who is eligible for a ticket but I deleted it.

In most cases, I think if person A isn't eligible to buy a ticket but person B is, it should probably be person B logging in to buy it. For parent/child situations though, it does seem nonsensical that the parent can't buy for the child (assuming adult is a STH and the child isn't) and I'm with you on that.

Indeed, and this is what I've asked the club, and will let you know tomorrow when they send me a reply ignoring my point in 28 paragraphs.

Another valid situation I would argue is if an eligible F&F simply can't be in front of a PC when tickets go on sale, or might be internet-averse (maybe an elderly person). If the F&F function can't allow this then it's lost half its purpose.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Yes, I believe so from what I recall. As I posted above, in my mind there's not a significantly strong case for this having to be available other than the parent/child scenario.

What reasons might be good ones for blocking the scenario ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What reasons might be good ones for blocking the scenario ?

You're sounding a bit het up chap. I'm largely on your side.

Last season i could login and buy a ticket for my son. It seems that this season I can't. That seems a bit silly.

Albion and ticketing continues to have touches of farce about it - it's like the old Albion is in there below the polish and sparkly veneer that's been put in place.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
You're sounding a bit het up chap. I'm largely on your side.

Wasn't meant to convey het upness ! Was thinking out loud as to why the club might reasonably want to do this.

I thought of one : if you buy a ticket over the phone then maybe the club still ensure the ticket is e-mailed, or posted, to the F&F rather than sending it to the (non-eligible) purchaser. But this doesn't happen when buying in person so isn't a very strong reason.

It's a tad annoying because to get around this I've had to add a list of F&F to my son's account, then set up billing details on his account, and make sure my email address is against his account. Madness !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here