Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Ticket binfest/availability

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
This post is perhaps a sign of things to come for us if we stay up:

7fc17c8c864e14d2e3c91bcba6823356.png

I guess the draconian club ticketing policy is designed to stop this type of action but I fear they won't be entirely successful.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
£50

He should be thankful he is able to have a piss inside, rather than the toilet at the end of his garden.

I got ticket for Man City game my for son who i thought would be home. Now not so rang round other people who i know have not got time to commit to a season. First 4 said sorry not willing to pay £50. I know has been aired many times but that is heck of a price to pay. With a 100m extra income why was there any need to increase at all.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Just have to echo the thoughts of others - having to pay between £45 and £60 to watch the match is too much. It doesn't seem fair to allow STHs to bring a friend, who could be anyone, either - over someone with a previous purchase history. Of course the match will sell out anyway, which it seems all the club cares about, but many people who would have otherwise attended will now not because the prices for individual matches are too high.

Last edited:

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Systems designed and/or maintained by those who have no real idea of the use cases of those who have to use them.

This morning I joined the Leicester queue (which also coincided with sales windows opening to a group of supporters for home games). I queued and waited, queued and waited and finally got access to the ticketing site...

...whereupon I was logged in as my son - the last person I logged in as at some point in the past. I didn't want to buy a Leicester ticket for him and nor does he qualify to buy one today. Because of this ridiculous change in site functionality I then had to logout as him and then try to login as me. Stupid.

The head of supporter services gave me a courtesy call a little while ago. She was very polite and set out why the current restriction is in place, and the club are happy with how it works and don't see any need to change things.

Reasons are :-

- to mitigate risk/security concerns with somebody buying a ticket in somebody else's name whereby logging on to the ticket site does not provide the same level of security checks as are in place if bought over the phone or in person.

- to avoid confusion by displaying the Buy button as active whilst the fan logged in cannot actually buy tickets.

Reading between the lines (and this my own speculation solely) I think they realise that people were buying and receiving tickets that wouldn't actually be used by the name on the ticket. Unfortunately trying to stop this in the way they have done also prevents our genuine scenarios.

So there we are. We agreed to disagree but she was fair and polite about the whole thing so no complaints there.

If people feel strongly enough about it you'll need to raise it with the club directly.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The head of supporter services gave me a courtesy call a little while ago. She was very polite and set out why the current restriction is in place, and the club are happy with how it works and don't see any need to change things.

We agreed to disagree but she was fair and polite about the whole thing so no complaints there.

You're doing it wrong; you're meant to start a new thread on NSC moaning about the club and saying how they'll never get another penny of your money ever again.

Currently left:-

South: 63
North: 20 (all disabled/ wheelchair / career seats)
WSL: 12 (all disabled / wheelchair / career seats)
ESL: 247 (230 of which are available as non disabled and if you don't have kids with you)
Shelf: 135 (all family only)

So just over 300 regular seats left. Still predicting these will be gone tomorrow morning. If you wanna go and can't buy now, make sure you are on your PC just before 0900

So tickets are now on sale to anyone with a booking history. Queue IT was quoting a 7 minute hold. I was 341 in the queue with a random number allocated as I was there before 9am.

Currently similar availability to yesterday. Get em now if you want them or wait for whatever the ticket exchange may hold

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
So tickets are now on sale to anyone with a booking history. Queue IT was quoting a 7 minute hold. I was 341 in the queue with a random number allocated as I was there before 9am.

Currently similar availability to yesterday. Get em now if you want them or wait for whatever the ticket exchange may hold

Don't forget next band of Leicester away tickets are on sale too. Originally given queue number 488 and now a min away

After 90 minutes of sale, there is currently remaining:-

South: 33 (14 pairs)
E1H: 144

The above are the only unconditional seats. The following are also available but have restrictions

Rest of ESL: 15 (all family, 8 of which are also disabled seats)
Shelf: 127 (all family)
WSL: 12 (all disabled)

Initial reaction is that the family tickets are not flying off the shelf. Maybe the £70 for a adult and junior is just too much?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
After 90 minutes of sale, there is currently remaining:-

South: 33 (14 pairs)
E1H: 144

The above are the only unconditional seats. The following are also available but have restrictions

Rest of ESL: 15 (all family, 8 of which are also disabled seats)
Shelf: 127 (all family)
WSL: 12 (all disabled)

Initial reaction is that the family tickets are not flying off the shelf. Maybe the £70 for a adult and junior is just too much?

Don't think there is any maybe about it. It is.

mikehand

Aug 5, 2007
Posting this in the hope that someone can help me get a Man City ticket...

I’ve been an Albion fan since 1986, and followed the club through the dark years – I was on the pitch at Lincoln(!), stormed the East stand on numerous occasions to chase that toe rag Bellotti out of the ground, and stared into the abyss at half-time at Hereford. I’ve been on NSC for about 20 years, and actually designed the original header image (featuring the floodlights at the Goldstone ground).

I live in the US now, but I’ll be back in Brighton for the Man City game. After pulling various strings, I still don’t have a ticket. I just logged on to buy one, but I have no purchase history… 

If anyone can help me get a ticket (or has a spare), I would greatly appreciate it!

PM me if you can help. Cheers!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Posting this in the hope that someone can help me get a Man City ticket...

I’ve been an Albion fan since 1986, and followed the club through the dark years – I was on the pitch at Lincoln(!), stormed the East stand on numerous occasions to chase that toe rag Bellotti out of the ground, and stared into the abyss at half-time at Hereford. I’ve been on NSC for about 20 years, and actually designed the original header image (featuring the floodlights at the Goldstone ground).

I live in the US now, but I’ll be back in Brighton for the Man City game. After pulling various strings, I still don’t have a ticket. I just logged on to buy one, but I have no purchase history… 

If anyone can help me get a ticket (or has a spare), I would greatly appreciate it!

PM me if you can help. Cheers!

PM en route. You can be my "guest".

Currently Available:-

SE Corner: 8 (3 pairs and one disabled. Last call for £45 tickets)
E1H: 123
Rest of the ESL: 15 (all family tickets, most disabled too)
WSL: 12 (all disabled seats/spaces)
The Shelf: 122 (all family)

So on the first full day of general sale, after the initial 30 minute rush, just 1 or 2 families have bought tickets in the family areas and under 50 other tickets have been sold.

I hope the season ticket exchange is activated once all non family stand tickets have been sold as if we are waiting for these to shift, there is a good chance the exchange will never go live.

I have a feeling the club are desperately going to regret axing the under 10's price. They have 300 odd new seats to sell to youngsters. It's going to be a bit tragic the footballs 'family' club have a load of empties as the typical family won't want to spend £140 + extras to watch 90 mins of football.

BHAFC. Bring back the Under 10 ticket and ensure it's no more than £10 and less for B and C games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Currently Available:-

SE Corner: 8 (3 pairs and one disabled. Last call for £45 tickets)
E1H: 123
Rest of the ESL: 15 (all family tickets, most disabled too)
WSL: 12 (all disabled seats/spaces)
The Shelf: 122 (all family)

So on the first full day of general sale, after the initial 30 minute rush, just 1 or 2 families have bought tickets in the family areas and under 50 other tickets have been sold.

I hope the season ticket exchange is activated once all non family stand tickets have been sold as if we are waiting for these to shift, there is a good chance the exchange will never go live.

I have a feeling the club are desperately going to regret axing the under 10's price. They have 300 odd new seats to sell to youngsters. It's going to be a bit tragic the footballs 'family' club have a load of empties as the typical family won't want to spend £140 + extras to watch 90 mins of football.

BHAFC. Bring back the Under 10 ticket and ensure it's no more than £10 and less for B and C games.

As posted way up this thread I went to buy my 7-y-o a ticket, saw it was £28 and thought "nah".

Given his level of interest, it's just too much, at least for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here