Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Ticket binfest/availability

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But you're not allocating it to the person that is going. So the fact they're listed on your F&F is irrelevant. The allocation is asking you which season ticket you are using to make the purchase valid.. so you allocate their ticket to yourself. You can still use this to get people with a purchase history in. It's just that as a guest, they don't get loyalty points.

So in my case, with 2 qualifying STs, I logged into my account yesterday and bought 2 guest tickets - 1 linked to my ST & 1 to my wife's (her name was in the dropdown F&F list.

Not defending the system or the website which has always been clumsy - and I agree it would make more sense to get any 'guest' fans in the database. Just saying that it seemed to work ok for me.

That's not correct, at least not in all cases.

I can buy a STH guest ticket that goes to an unidentified person. The club will have no idea who that person is - all they'll know is that I bought it.

If I try to allocate that same ticket to various people in my F&F list - people who have been to the Amex to support the Albion before - I am told:

"You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner (XXXXXXXXXX, XXXX), at this price type, or for this event.
This may be resolved by Assigning Owners, amending the Price Type, or reducing the number of tickets you have selected.
Sorry, you cannot buy any more tickets to event Albion v Manchester City 12/08/2017 17:30.
Sales to this product type are limited to 0 tickets per event per history per item owner."

Now, of course I can buy the ticket, leave it unallocated and give it to the person above, but that's just completely bizarre.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
And might lead to flash points. If a few sporadic away supporters celebrate goals during the season, some home fans might take exception to that. It's not right, but it does go on in football.

Has anyone challenged / communicated this unfairness to the club?

What unfairness? There is nothing to stop a ST holder using their guest ticket to get a bona fide Albion fan in, as described above. The problem only seems to be if you try to allocate it to them through F&F, rather than link it to the season ticket which makes the purchase valid.

On the security aspect, the club still has some control. They know which ST holder purchased and passed on the ticket. So anyone tempted to sell on guest tickets to people they don't know or invite away fans is taking a risk, in the same way they would be if they lent out their ST.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That's not correct, at least not in all cases.

I can buy a STH guest ticket that goes to an unidentified person. The club will have no idea who that person is - all they'll know is that I bought it.

If I try to allocate that same ticket to various people in my F&F list - people who have been to the Amex to support the Albion before - I am told:

"You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner (XXXXXXXXXX, XXXX), at this price type, or for this event.
This may be resolved by Assigning Owners, amending the Price Type, or reducing the number of tickets you have selected.
Sorry, you cannot buy any more tickets to event Albion v Manchester City 12/08/2017 17:30.
Sales to this product type are limited to 0 tickets per event per history per item owner."

Now, of course I can buy the ticket, leave it unallocated and give it to the person above, but that's just completely bizarre.

Obviously coming at this from different directions because the system - if not the principle - makes sense to me. By using the F&F list, you're trying to allocate it to a person who doesn't yet qualify as they haven't got a membership or a ST. They are your guest. All the club wants to know is that YOU qualify for a +1. So you allocate it to your ST and pass the ticket on. If you want another, you allocate it to a second ST in your F&F list as their guest - and so on.

I think your main concern is that tickets can go to people not on the database? That's true. But some seemed to be saying that they actually couldn't buy tickets for people who'd been before, which is not the case.

Agree it's bizarre that the club doesn't garner any details of the 'guest' - but it doesn't stop you getting Albion fans in.

Regardless, if it causes this much confusion, I suppose they ought to reassess!

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
i'm struggling to see the point of the STH guest ticket - the guest doesnt even sit with the STH. Whats stopping a STH buying a guest ticket then selling it on for profit ? Think they should scrap this phase and just bring forward the general sale date

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i'm struggling to see the point of the STH guest ticket - the guest doesnt even sit with the STH. Whats stopping a STH buying a guest ticket then selling it on for profit ? Think they should scrap this phase and just bring forward the general sale date

For Manchester City there is no general sale date, where "general sale" means having a prior Amex purchase history. One would guess this is to try and minimise the number of away fans buying in Albion stands and will be repeated for other "big" games. For West Brom and Newcastle, there are general sale phases.

Looking at this now has made me wonder how someone who has not been to the Amex before gets to come along and start building their own supporter history and loyalty position, as there doesn't seem to be true general sale phases anywhere. That would mean you either need to know a STH who buys you a seat, but accept that gives you no personal history to buy for yourself at any stage, or you simply can't come along if you don't know any STHs.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 10.05.53.png

I'm kinda with you on this, although it's hypercritical of me as I've taken advantage on the 2 day window.

It's nice to have this additional perk but it's mental we can't allocate a ticket to someone who is already registered. In fact, I think the club should insist we can only allocate the ticket to someone who is registered and on our friends and family. There is no need why a new registrant could not be instant.

At least that new person can start to build their own loyalty so they will not always be dependent on their season ticket mate to get them tickets. Also, as has already been mentioned, the club have a new person on their database to sell their wares too.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
You do have to allocate it. You have to allocate each guest ticket to a season ticket.. 1 per person. Did this yesterday with no problems at all so maybe I'm still not getting the gist.

The 2 guest tickets I bought have our names and fan numbers on them, even though one is for an u18. No idea how this fits with the ID check ideas, but presumably they're just happy enough to have a ST holder accountable for the behaviour of the people they obtained tickets for, which seems fair enough.

If you're talking about away tickets, where you're buying as a group and one of the people doesn't have the points to qualify, surely it's right to halt the transaction? Once you take them off the list, you can proceed. That's how I've found it worked at the back end of last season... not encountered this bug yet.

The site let me allocate my F&F purchase to ME (doesn't make sense as I have a ST already) but refused the transaction when I allocated it to my dad (who isn't a STH and doesn't have enough points).

The F&F purchase option was to encourage STH to introduce someone new to the club right so the whole ID issue etc is null and void given you should be purchasing for people who might not e on the database/have enough points already.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
For Manchester City there is no general sale date, where "general sale" means having a prior Amex purchase history. One would guess this is to try and minimise the number of away fans buying in Albion stands and will be repeated for other "big" games. For West Brom and Newcastle, there are general sale phases.

Looking at this now has made me wonder how someone who has not been to the Amex before gets to come along and start building their own supporter history and loyalty position, as there doesn't seem to be true general sale phases anywhere. That would mean you either need to know a STH who buys you a seat, but accept that gives you no personal history to buy for yourself at any stage, or you simply can't come along if you don't know any STHs.

It does seem like the club have cocked up the pricing & ticket release schedule somewhat. I mean it's likely that the City game will sell out eventually over the next 4 weeks, but will the other games? I doubt it.

It does seem like the club have cocked up the pricing & ticket release schedule somewhat. I mean it's likely that the City game will sell out eventually over the next 4 weeks, but will the other games? I doubt it.

The others did mainly sell out last year at similar pricing. Considering we are in the top flight this time as they are less tickets to sell (due to 3000 away fans), I have no doubt all bar 2 or 3 games will be sellouts.

It will be the games where the away end is not sold out that we have extras for the home fans. Namely Huddersfield, Burnley and Swansea are possible candidates.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I'm sure there will be open sales for most of the games this season, outside of the big six and Palace and maybe even them.

But the main way the club want you to do it is bronze membership. Remember that loyalty points don't count unless you own this membership, and if you buy it you automatically get near the front of the queue, ahead of the STH guest window, even if you have no prior purchase history.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The site let me allocate my F&F purchase to ME (doesn't make sense as I have a ST already) but refused the transaction when I allocated it to my dad (who isn't a STH and doesn't have enough points).

The F&F purchase option was to encourage STH to introduce someone new to the club right so the whole ID issue etc is null and void given you should be purchasing for people who might not e on the database/have enough points already.

It allocates to you because it's using your entitlement to a 'guest' ticket. You then give it to your Dad as your guest. Job done.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I see tickets are on sale to Man City fans now and they have numerous points categories.

https://www.mancity.com/news/ticket...ly/brighton-v-man-city-premier-league-tickets Good to see they have similar binfests to us: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/brighton-away-ticket-details.329389/page-2

Also at least one on there bought bronze membership and a ticket in the home end already.

Somebody doesn't like us

" If anyone is going then try and miss the urinal when you're relieving yourself at half time. I've never forgiven the *******s for demoting Hereford United in 1997. "

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I see tickets are on sale to Man City fans now and they have numerous points categories.

https://www.mancity.com/news/ticket...ly/brighton-v-man-city-premier-league-tickets Good to see they have similar binfests to us: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/brighton-away-ticket-details.329389/page-2

Also at least one on there bought bronze membership and a ticket in the home end already.

They don't get log in each bracket - 5 hours before dropping to the next lower band.

I see we have given them 2,967, so less than 3,000, I assume that will be the maximum away allocation all season

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It allocates to you because it's using your entitlement to a 'guest' ticket. You then give it to your Dad as your guest. Job done.

I know which is weird right? I can't formally allocate to him even though I'm buying it under my F&F entitlement because he doesn't have the required points.

It's just another annoying system bug that frustrates me.

And to my mind is unfair on those who can't yet buy tickets. Also some member points get lost as presumably I don't get allocated them for being a good egg and introducing someone else.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Eastbourneblue: As have only just over 12000 points have had to take drastic action and buy a membership at Brighton - managed to get a ticket next to City fans though so better than missing out. May even take in the odd Brighton game during the season.

Wonder how many others like this there will be this season

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know which is weird right? I can't formally allocate to him even though I'm buying it under my F&F entitlement because he doesn't have the required points.

It's just another annoying system bug that frustrates me.

And to my mind is unfair on those who can't yet buy tickets. Also some member points get lost as presumably I don't get allocated them for being a good egg and introducing someone else.

Don't know about the points. I'd assumed that as you pay for the ticket, you get some. Might be wrong.

I don't really think it's that unfair. Any 'guest' who's interested enough to be worried about loyalty points or plans to go to a substantial number of games would probably think it's worth buying a membership, and then would be higher in the queue than a ST holder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here