Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Ticket binfest/availability

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Could push those with purchase history to shell out on a bronze membership so they jump ahead of the sth guest on sale day.
Club tactics to get a few more £££ in on membership fees

Would be a shame if that's the case, and I doubt that our Lord TB would be aware.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Systems designed and/or maintained by those who have no real idea of the use cases of those who have to use them.

This morning I joined the Leicester queue (which also coincided with sales windows opening to a group of supporters for home games). I queued and waited, queued and waited and finally got access to the ticketing site...

...whereupon I was logged in as my son - the last person I logged in as at some point in the past. I didn't want to buy a Leicester ticket for him and nor does he qualify to buy one today. Because of this ridiculous change in site functionality I then had to logout as him and then try to login as me. Stupid.

2 hours in a room with 2 or 3 'real life' punters from this forum, running through pretty common use cases, would solve a lot eh ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Systems designed and/or maintained by those who have no real idea of the use cases of those who have to use them.

This morning I joined the Leicester queue (which also coincided with sales windows opening to a group of supporters for home games). I queued and waited, queued and waited and finally got access to the ticketing site...

...whereupon I was logged in as my son - the last person I logged in as at some point in the past. I didn't want to buy a Leicester ticket for him and nor does he qualify to buy one today. Because of this ridiculous change in site functionality I then had to logout as him and then try to login as me. Stupid.

I had this exact same thing this morning, but was able to login to my account without re-queuing?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had this exact same thing this morning, but was able to login to my account without re-queuing?

I intentionally didn't say I had to re-queue because I wasn't sure if I did or not, as that time I had to switch to do something else for a few minutes.

So, although it's positive to hear that you didn't have to re-queue, it's still the case that functionality has taken an inexplicable step backwards. Previously, even if a user had access to the 'Buy' button, they could not buy a ticket for anyone, including themselves, if that person did not qualify for that ticket.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I intentionally didn't say I had to re-queue because I wasn't sure if I did or not, as that time I had to switch to do something else for a few minutes.

So, although it's positive to hear that you didn't have to re-queue, it's still the case that functionality has taken an inexplicable step backwards. Previously, even if a user had access to the 'Buy' button, they could not buy a ticket for anyone, including themselves, if that person did not qualify for that ticket.

No, I agree. Particularly the part about releasing ticket sales/new thresholds for two completely separate events at exactly the same time. Not the first time it's happened either. How hard would it have been to separate these by a couple of hours or even a day.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I Previously, even if a user had access to the 'Buy' button, they could not buy a ticket for anyone, including themselves, if that person did not qualify for that ticket.

And that's the crux of it. Changed for no perceptible (let alone advertised) reason. Although I can't prove this I am adamant that I was told over the phone last season that this was introduced to prevent fans being 'confused' about when they could, and couldn't, buy tickets.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm actually hugely impressed by the new tickets site. The queue thing is so much better than being told to 'try again later' and the way it tells you how many tickets are left each block is really helpful and much better compared to before

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

The bizarre nature of the system now is such that I can opt to buy for a F&F - who could be anyone - and yet the option to allocate this ticket to someone still exists. To test the system I elected to allocate it to my dad (no longer a STH and doesn't have enough points to qualify outright himself) and it let me allocate it then denied the purchase as he didn't qualify.

It's all arse about face. Frankly it's worse than my computer systems at work and they're utter GASH.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The bizarre nature of the system now is such that I can opt to buy for a F&F - who could be anyone - and yet the option to allocate this ticket to someone still exists. To test the system I elected to allocate it to my dad (no longer a STH and doesn't have enough points to qualify outright himself) and it let me allocate it then denied the purchase as he didn't qualify.

It's all arse about face. Frankly it's worse than my computer systems at work and they're utter GASH.

It's always been like that, hasn't it? Initially allocates all tickets to the person logged in. Tells you that you have some tickets which don't qualify and then you reallocate. Reallocation is much easier now as there's a drop down list. I don't really get the problem.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
ispute this, this facility is great for me as I can get one for Mrs Notthenineo'clocknews (who has been to many matches over many years) she can sit in my seat in the FS with the boy, and I can misbehave!

I would seriously question the loyalty, passion or general decency of any ST that sells it to an away fan or a tourist on the 'bolsa negra'. I can't see any harm in Selling to a JCL as long as they support the Albion. I feel only a tiny minority will fall into the catagory I've slated, therefore almost all STs will be policing this effectively saving the club a job

This. Especially the second bit. If the stadium ends up awash with away fans, we'll only have ourselves to blame. Must admit though that I'd have no problem selling to anyone I know that just wants to experience an Albion match - potential fan...

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I'm actually hugely impressed by the new tickets site. The queue thing is so much better than being told to 'try again later' and the way it tells you how many tickets are left each block is really helpful and much better compared to before

Same here. I had to stop off in Starbucks on the A3 at 8.50 and had all ticket business done by 9.20am. it shows you where you are what likley time you will have to wait etc. I was logged in as my son, logged out and back in again and it didn't put me to the back of the que.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It's always been like that, hasn't it? Initially allocates all tickets to the person logged in. Tells you that you have some tickets which don't qualify and then you reallocate. Reallocation is much easier now as there's a drop down list. I don't really get the problem.

Yes but buying a ST F&F ticket can be for ANYONE and you don't have to allocate it, but if you do and that person doesn't qualify then it halts the transaction...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yes but buying a ST F&F ticket can be for ANYONE and you don't have to allocate it, but if you do and that person doesn't qualify then it halts the transaction...

You do have to allocate it. You have to allocate each guest ticket to a season ticket.. 1 per person. Did this yesterday with no problems at all so maybe I'm still not getting the gist.

The 2 guest tickets I bought have our names and fan numbers on them, even though one is for an u18. No idea how this fits with the ID check ideas, but presumably they're just happy enough to have a ST holder accountable for the behaviour of the people they obtained tickets for, which seems fair enough.

If you're talking about away tickets, where you're buying as a group and one of the people doesn't have the points to qualify, surely it's right to halt the transaction? Once you take them off the list, you can proceed. That's how I've found it worked at the back end of last season... not encountered this bug yet.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gotta love the photo the club have used on Facebook to advertise 'hospitality' for the city game. Right in the middle of the picture of the hospitality suite, on a table is some table cleaning fluid :ffsparr: Do the club employ anyone professional these days?

View attachment 87325

Considering they've more than doubled the price from last season for hospitality meals at least those going know it will be clean(er) perhaps.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I was buying for four others yesterday, all four of whom have more than adequate points, however, the system refused to let me buy for one of them, all the others fine. At that point I was stuffed as there's no way of contacting anyone while in the queue to resolve this. Ended up with one of us not getting a ticket, despite paying his annual season ticket in full two weeks ago, and having the same amount of points as the rest of us. If he manages to get it resolved he'll end up with a ticket elsewhere in the stand. New system is easier to use, but clearly not 100% efficient.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
well I've got a ticket on the exchange I'm looking to off load. Can't believe that the club won't transfer to another match or refund. Yes I know its a business and Tony has ploughed in lots of £££ etc etc etc. And yes I didn't check I was away but I really can't afford just to throw £50 away. None of my friends or family will go. Why can't they just refund and put back on sale? I now doubt I will go again this season which is a shame as I've been with the club through the dark years. If this is the premier league then I'm out. So much for fans not customers. A little understanding wouldn't go a miss.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You do have to allocate it. You have to allocate each guest ticket to a season ticket.. 1 per person. Did this yesterday with no problems at all so maybe I'm still not getting the gist.

The 2 guest tickets I bought have our names and fan numbers on them, even though one is for an u18. No idea how this fits with the ID check ideas, but presumably they're just happy enough to have a ST holder accountable for the behaviour of the people they obtained tickets for, which seems fair enough.

I think you're missing the point.

When you buy a "STH guest" ticket it's not allocated to a person beyond the STH themselves. This flies completely in the face of the club's previous "it's really important we know who is sitting where for security/safety reasons" communication to fans.

If you try to allocate that ticket to a known and named fan who has visited the Amex before, then the transaction is rejected because that fan does not qualify.

So, that means people can buy a ticket for their Manchester City "supporting" mate (it will happen), whilst other fans who have been to the Amex before and are genuine Albion fans have to sit and wait and hope tickets are still available when their turn comes round.

How can that be right?

And, beyond that, the club are missing out on having contact details of the "STH guest" to communicate with in the future.

The whole thing is bizarre.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

When you buy a "STH guest" ticket it's not allocated to a person beyond the STH themselves. This flies completely in the face of the club's previous "it's really important we know who is sitting where for security/safety reasons" communication to fans.

If you try to allocate that ticket to a known and named fan who has visited the Amex before, then the transaction is rejected because that fan does not qualify.

So, that means people can buy a ticket for their Manchester City "supporting" mate (it will happen), whilst other fans who have been to the Amex before and are genuine Albion fans have to sit and wait and hope tickets are still available when their turn comes round.

How can that be right?

And, beyond that, the club are missing out on having contact details of the "STH guest" to communicate with in the future.

But you're not allocating it to the person that is going. So the fact they're listed on your F&F is irrelevant. The allocation is asking you which season ticket you are using to make the purchase valid.. so you allocate their ticket to yourself. You can still use this to get people with a purchase history in. It's just that as a guest, they don't get loyalty points. They don't have to 'sit and wait'. You can buy them one, just like you could if they were a JCL.

So in my case, with 2 qualifying STs, I logged into my account yesterday and bought 2 guest tickets - 1 linked to my ST & 1 to my wife's (her name was in the dropdown F&F list.

Not defending the system or the website which has always been clumsy - and I agree it would make more sense to get any 'guest' fans in the database. Just saying that it seemed to work ok for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

How can that be right?

And might lead to flash points. If a few sporadic away supporters celebrate goals during the season, some home fans might take exception to that. It's not right, but it does go on in football.

Has anyone challenged / communicated this unfairness to the club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here