Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Ticket binfest/availability

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Indeed. Should be added that just about all that north availability is N2 which is familes only.

However, we then find out how good the season ticket exchange will be

My fear for the exchange is some of our STH are so lazy that they wouldn't bother to go to the trouble of listing their seat and would rather see it empty.

I genuinely believe even if the club made it as simple as texting you with a yes/no response required to list your seat most wouldn't bother such is the bizarre nature.

I will and always have gone to the trouble of filling unused seats in our group of STHs and give someone else the pleasure of watching us hassle free.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My fear for the exchange is some of our STH are so lazy that they wouldn't bother to go to the trouble of listing their seat and would rather see it empty.

I genuinely believe even if the club made it as simple as texting you with a yes/no response required to list your seat most wouldn't bother such is the bizarre nature.

I will and always have gone to the trouble of filling unused seats in our group of STHs and give someone else the pleasure of watching us hassle free.

Agreed.

Is there any financial incentive for a no show s/t holder to give notice to the club?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Latest availability

North 105
West 63
South 140
East 424
Total = 732

Any STH wanting to bring a friend needs to act fairly quickly tomorrow I suggest.

If we failed to sell any more tickets we would be looking at 30k. (pretendance)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
About £10 per ticket to spend in the shop for a family stand ticket

It wouldn't affect me, but I wonder if they credited s/t holders debit/credit card with say £15 if their seat resells, would be a means to get more no-shows to let the club know, give more fans a chance and improve true attendances?

Arsenal have a good one. You get a credit off the next year's season ticket renewal to the value of what your minus a 10% admin fee.

This would surely be a huge incentive?

But they made it better this year, allowing the cash out of credits.

Additonally, there is also the facility to transfer your ticket to a friend or family member so saving you the issues of handing over your card for a 4% fee

All looks very sensible and hopefully ours will mirror something like this.

https://www.arsenal.com/ticketexchange

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I have a question - if I buy a bronze membership now will it be applied to my account straight away so I can buy a ticket for the city game tonight?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have a question - if I buy a bronze membership now will it be applied to my account straight away so I can buy a ticket for the city game tonight?

Others have reported that membership buying rights come into effect 14 days after purchase.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It wouldn't affect me, but I wonder if they credited s/t holders debit/credit card with say £15 if their seat resells, would be a means to get more no-shows to let the club know, give more fans a chance and improve true attendances?

From a business point of view I understand the rationale of vouchers as it doesn't impact cash flow in the way refunds do but it also means the club gets the cash three times.

1) original ST sale at cheaper pro rated value
2) ticket resale at inflated value (diff between ST price and full sale category A/B/C price - could be c+£15/20 on a full adult seat)
3) issue voucher for £15, used against purchase of shirt from the shop (unit cost £10 to the club?), (£50-15)- cost = +£25

The economics to the club are compelling but the incentive to the fans is limited.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I read somewhere something about 2 weeks, unless you already have some points from last year?

Damn that's annoying. What do you mean? Says I have 39 STH points and 64 member points.

Damn that's annoying. What do you mean? Says I have 39 STH points and 64 member points.

Don't take it as mustard, but I think that would see you good. There were reports earlier on this thread of new Bronze members who had the required 20 points in the initial phase being sucessful.

I'd go for it. Worse case, you have a ticket for the next game that will sell out before general sale. Best case, you get the tickets right away.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well that, like it or not, is every season ticket holders right to leave it empty. A shame l know, but it is their seat to do with as they wish for every league game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well that, like it or not, is every season ticket holders right to leave it empty. A shame l know, but it is their seat to do with as they wish for every league game.

True. My idea was to credit them back some cash (not a shop voucher) if they let the club know it's going to be a no-show and it gets re-sold. Just the five others a chance if we do get sell outs.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

I don't like it but then I've never been one of the "I'm alright jack" so screw everyone else brigade.

As others have said on other threads I'd like to think the club may start to look at warning STH who are constant no shows if we have a half decent season and match by match tickets become scarcer and scarcer.

It would be particularly easy this season for example to pick out those who only come to games against the top six or whatever and act accordingly.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I don't like it but then I've never been one of the "I'm alright jack" so screw everyone else brigade.

As others have said on other threads I'd like to think the club may start to look at warning STH who are constant no shows if we have a half decent season and match by match tickets become scarcer and scarcer.

It would be particularly easy this season for example to pick out those who only come to games against the top six or whatever and act accordingly.

There is a change in place this season whereby the club check after 10 games for season tickets where attendance does not meet a minimum of 25%.
Further checks made later in season but cannot remember % for those.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I bought tickets three days after purchasing a bronze membership. It does say benefits will be applied after 14 days, but maybe that is for in-season purchases. I reckon you'll be fine

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I bought tickets three days after purchasing a bronze membership. It does say benefits will be applied after 14 days, but maybe that is for in-season purchases. I reckon you'll be fine

And did you do that online, or over the phone/in person ?

And, if online, were you logged on with that Bronze fan number, or another fan number ?

Ta.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here