Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Ticket binfest/availability

No. One thing is clear from this: we're not going to hear any more talk of expanding capacity of the ground - not for a number of years,

I'm sure we'll sell out City or come close to a sellout but there are clearly not thousands of fans desperate for tickets. And if we struggle to sell out one of the top 6 clubs, we're going to find it hard to fill the ground for the likes of Watford or Swansea.

It will sell out within hours of going on general sale. At this time only a very limited group of people are eligble to buy.

Last season no more than a couple of hundred seats were sold during the priority period, even for the big games.

Kudos to those who bought bronze. It seems like a great move to ensure you can secure seats together with a minimum of fuss.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
No idea where you're seeing north stand availability because I've been looking every hour today with zero luck :(
It's all in N2 - the shelf above the North stand. I expect the ticket exchange will be used for this game so if you only want to be in the North then you should be able to get tickets if you hold on.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
It's all in N2 - the shelf above the North stand. I expect the ticket exchange will be used for this game so if you only want to be in the North then you should be able to get tickets if you hold on.

N2 is only available to families

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Capacity was reduced in summer 1979 due to the construction of the Lego stand and possibly yet another safety at grounds purge by the authorities.

That's not correct. Capacity for 1979/80 was 33,500. It was reduced to 24,000 in summer 1980, after the fire that burnt down the north stand roof in April 1980. Capacity was gradually increased to 28,800 as the club satisfied the health and safety requirements.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
For the 'season ticket holder guest' bracket, does the guest have to have some form of purchase history/points?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It will sell out within hours of going on general sale. At this time only a very limited group of people are eligble to buy.

Last season no more than a couple of hundred seats were sold during the priority period, even for the big games.

Kudos to those who bought bronze. It seems like a great move to ensure you can secure seats together with a minimum of fuss.

Very glad I did. Can't afford/justify a season ticket. Seem to be in the top band of points too. May be because I go away sometimes although I suspect the chance won't come this year.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No. One thing is clear from this: we're not going to hear any more talk of expanding capacity of the ground - not for a number of years,

I'm sure we'll sell out City or come close to a sellout but there are clearly not thousands of fans desperate for tickets. And if we struggle to sell out one of the top 6 clubs, we're going to find it hard to fill the ground for the likes of Watford or Swansea.

What are you on about?

The tickets are still in a priority period and at first glance there seems to be about 600 remaining.

The game is 4 weeks away and likely to sell out from Tuesday onwards (still effectively a priority period).

Ticket sales for our sell outs last season continued all the way through to the day before the match, with the exception of Newcastle. Also bear in mind that these often included shifting between 1-2k additional home tickets due to poor away followings which we won't see in the PL.

Edit: Incidentally, there are now close to 7000 on the ST waiting list.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's not correct. Capacity for 1979/80 was 33,500. It was reduced to 24,000 in summer 1980, after the fire that burnt down the north stand roof in April 1980. Capacity was gradually increased to 28,800 as the club satisfied the health and safety requirements.

If i remember correctly we never sold out for our first home game ...a four nil home defeat to Arsenal :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I know you're always correct (not said with sarcasm!).

It's surprising that well over 30,000 was achieved a few times from 1976 to May 1979 (I was there every time), but 30,000 never happened again in the top flight.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
is that approximate? :D

I just remember seeing loads of space in the north

I think it's reasonably close. At a party at present so don't have access to reference books to confirm. There were plenty of scare stories before the match about tickets selling out and loads would be turned awatthat put people off which didn't help, a bit like when we played Bristol City in the playoff final

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
28,604 from memory
Yes, but it was packed, there were people outside hoping to get in, I remember the clamour..... so it must have been sold out, just a reduced capacity for this particular game, not fact, just an assumption taking into consideration the fanatical furore and build up to this game.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
First three home Premier League fixtures on sale to Season Ticket Holders from 9am on Tuesday 18 July

Our first three home games of the 2017/18 Premier League season go on sale this Tuesday 18 July to season-ticket holders wishing to bring an additional guest.

Tickets for the visits of Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United will be available to purchase on a one-ticket-per-season-ticket holder, first-come, first-served basis.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
First three home Premier League fixtures on sale to Season Ticket Holders from 9am on Tuesday 18 July

Our first three home games of the 2017/18 Premier League season go on sale this Tuesday 18 July to season-ticket holders wishing to bring an additional guest.

Tickets for the visits of Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United will be available to purchase on a one-ticket-per-season-ticket holder, first-come, first-served basis.

How exactly does this work? What % of STHs will be able to plonk their mate on the seat next to them, which is surely the point of a +1?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

Same time as the Leicester away tickets go on sale. Website could be a tad busy tomorrow morning.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, but it was packed, there were people outside hoping to get in, I remember the clamour..... so it must have been sold out, just a reduced capacity for this particular game, not fact, just an assumption taking into consideration the fanatical furore and build up to this game.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There was room for 5,000 more in the ground. The panic before the match in the press meant that many didn't bother trying to get to the game, just assumed it would have sold out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Latest availability

North 105
West 63
South 140
East 424
Total = 732

Any STH wanting to bring a friend needs to act fairly quickly tomorrow I suggest.

Latest availability

North 105
West 63
South 140
East 424
Total = 732

Any STH wanting to bring a friend needs to act fairly quickly tomorrow I suggest.

Indeed. Should be added that just about all that north availability is N2 which is familes only.

However, we then find out how good the season ticket exchange will be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here