Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Travel - Bologna

0 Not allowed!
    Off to Bologna next week on holiday. First time there so any do/don't recommendations from the great and good of NSC would be appreciated - thanks

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napier's Knee View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Off to Bologna next week on holiday. First time there so any do/don't recommendations from the great and good of NSC would be appreciated - thanks
      Do post a Trip Adviser style review as I've always fancied a city break there.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Do post a Trip Adviser style review as I've always fancied a city break there.
      Will do

0 Not allowed!
      One of the best places in the world. Eat loads of pizza, go to the museums and parks. Best bit is definitely Bologna's stadium, though - you can walk right in, loads of ultras art all around the walkways, huge open-air stands with spectacular floodlights and views. One of the stands has a castle right in the middle of it. Also where Platt scored in Italia '90 - you could conceivably do a Phoenix from the Flames. Then have posh cake for less than a Euro in one of the cafes on the way back into town. Hope you have a marvellous time
      Eye from the sky

0 Not allowed!
      Visited Bologna for the first time 4 months ago. Stayed for a week and used it to include 3 cheap day trips by train to Ravenna, Ferrara and Parma, all under 1 hour away. Worth going on a day trip to Modena too if you like cars.

0 Not allowed!
      The main square is spectacular and the Tamburini deli is worth a visit. Food is a big thing and the central market is worth a visit, also many memorials to the City's proud left-wing history.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Bologna is a simply stunning city. It's a slow city, without cars and advertising in the central area. It was also built during the medieval era, and its surrounding area produces some of the globe's most iconic food (Parma ham, parmesan, etc). My advice would be to plan very little, just wander around and soak it all in.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Have the Spaghetti Bolognese..... it will surprise you and have no meat..... tasty nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Went in 2001 to see Bologna v Fiorentina on a £2.99 Ryanair flight to Forli

There's a basilica up on the hill above the footy stadium with a walkway up. Decent views.

Great scran.
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Lovely city with more neglected art than you can shake a stick at.The main square has an impressive statue of Neptune in the middle, not sure why. There's TWO leaning towers! You can walk a fair way through the town under porticos (not unlike our own Madeira terraces) which is handy if it rains, or if you just need some shade. There's a thousand year old university. The food is amazing. Oh, and if you're on a bit of a budget, my impoverished student friend introduced me to something called Aperativo. You'll see it advertised outside some bars. It's sort of like a happy hour, except you go in and buy a beer and that gets you access to a substantial free buffet! Think it cost about 7 euros when I was there. Apparently people tend to go there on their way out to dinner, tho my friend and her student mates tended to make it their main meal of an evening. Oh, and if you like your Punk IPA, there's a Brewdog bar!
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson