Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone planning to see the movie "Dunkirk"?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not seen it yet, but IMHO a movie that gives the time of day, let alone a part, to that karaoke cock from One Direction has been artistically compromised.

Apparently he doesn't do or say much but I shall report back after I have seen it at Horsham Capitol on Tuesday, I have to agree it was a bizarre piece of casting!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not seen it yet, but IMHO a movie that gives the time of day, let alone a part, to that karaoke cock from @Wrong Direction has been artistically compromised.

Apparently he doesn't do or say much but I shall report back after I have seen it at Horsham Capitol on Tuesday, I have to agree it was a bizarre piece of casting!

I think he says a lot and speaks for the youth of today. Not sure if [MENTION=11499]simmo[/MENTION] agrees.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
One New York film critic has whinged that there are not enough female or black lead roles in this film........:shrug:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Very clever film it covered the facts and the struggle for survival and the sacrifices men made the stress on men don't forget the women nurses on the boats my feelings go out to all the people who were affected and thanks for our freedom.

We did rescue 130,000 French troops which most decided to go back to France and I believe 7000 stayed to fight for the free French another reason we sank the French navy which was very sad.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just seen it at the Connaught in Worthing for an exhorbitant £4.... very well shot..harrowing as one might expect ..I like the way they did the background music

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is that the cinema in Chapel Road? I see it's on at the Dome too.

Just off Chapel Rd ..has two screens one large and then called the studio which was revamped earlier this year and the seats are comfier..quite often they show films at £4 or it's a massive £7... which leaves plenty for confectionary or booze if u r that way inclined

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just off Chapel Rd ..has two screens one large and then called the studio which was revamped earlier this year and the seats are comfier..quite often they show films at £4 or it's a massive £7... which leaves plenty for confectionary or booze if u r that way inclined

Sounds good. I find Worthing easier to get to and nicer surroundings than getting through Brighton. Is the Connaught nicer than the Dome?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sounds good. I find Worthing easier to get to and nicer surroundings than getting through Brighton. Is the Connaught nicer than the Dome?

I agree....much easier than Brighton and just parked round the corner ...I prefer it to the Dome...but in the main cinema its always best to get one of the seats that in the centre isle for legroom.....like i said before Studio is my fav as they've just redone the seats and put in a new sound system

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I agree....much easier than Brighton and just parked round the corner ...I prefer it to the Dome...but in the main cinema its always best to get one of the seats that in the centre isle for legroom.....like i said before Studio is my fav as they've just redone the seats and put in a new sound system

Thanks for the info - I've decided to treat myself to this film so the Connaught it is and a couple of drinks in Bar Release.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Such bravery from all . They will be turning in their graves as to how this country has turned out after their sacrifices .

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I will be going to see it. Until my dad died I did not know his war history as he refused to speak about it (like a lot of other heroes). His funeral was conducted by a padre from the Burma Star reunion. What I found out amazed me. He was rescued from Dunkirk and then sent to Singapore where he was captured by the Japanese. He was then sent to work on the Burma to Siam railway ending up actually working on the Bridge on river Kwai. How he survived all that I have no idea, no wonder he did not want to talk about it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here