Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga LuaLua

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He's never been the same since coming back from that last long-term injury. He's visibly lost that searing burst of pace to get round a player which, lets face it, was his primary asset. He couldn't do it in the Championship any more, so he'd be completely snuffed out in the PL.

He's nowhere near good enough for us now.

It's a real shame. The LuaLua who started the season before last could get into our Premier League starting 11 comfortably. He was brilliant for the first six or seven games but, as you say, he's not got back close to that since his injury at Wolves.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Going out on loan according to the argus

Meanwhile, Albion fringe players Kazenga LuaLua, Rohan Ince, Richie Towell and Rob Hunt are all destined to join Portsmouth or Wigan-bound Christian Walton as loan departures.

What, ALL of them? Poor buggers #Twats :jester:

I love Kaz, but I think his days here are numbered. He shows glimpses of a great bit of skill, but it's pretty much the SAME move every time he gets the ball. Stepover, drop the shoulder, go past the player. PL defenders are too switched on to fall for that. Plus – and I know it doesn't count for much – he doesn't really seem to buy into the whole 'together' thing. Probably understandably because he was shipped off on loan, but you'd think if he WANTED to stay, he'd play the game a bit more...

I'd be surprised if he makes the final squad. IMO I don't think he's good enough for the PL. But he is the sort of player to bring on late in games as he draws fouls and creates goal scoring chances from free kicks. Love to see him continue with his career, but maybe not with us.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Where i do think he got a raw deal was free kicks. Yes, he hit the wall with a few, but he's scored more free kicks than any other Albion player i can remember as he hits it so hard, yet he's never first choice on them. Very strange. It's not as if he's hit hundreds over the bar.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He'll be sold or shipped out on loan, confident of that. He was already well down the pecking order in the Championship, so I just don't see a place for him in this squad. He could probably still do a job at a smaller club. Maybe a Leeds, or a Villa.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
My 9 year old lad always loves his somersaults but for me there was not enough of them. At the moment we have a good championship side where the biggest issues are always injuries late in the season depleting the options and strength available. We cannot go into the PL and be optimistic to remain there without a larger and better quality squad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here