Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilko Johnson

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
He was a guest with Hawksby and Jacobs on talk sport this afternoon.
Good interview

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just heard the end of the show laughed out loud when he sung "just brought a car waiting on a loan for fuel to take me far"

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Never saw the Feelgoods but was lucky enough to see him with his Solid Senders at Knebworth late 1980's - top man...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Seen him a few times but took him for granted really until I saw him at Glastonbury a few years back.
He did a small set then was interviewed about his cancer scare. After that they played the film he made about it and him describing how he went on his last tour and was saying goodbye to everyone as he was told it was terminal. Really inspirational stuff.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He played Worthing in April and was in astonishing form. As good as I've seen him play over the last 25 years. Quite remarkable considering what he's been through recently.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
His recovery some years ago was just astonishing. I supported the Blockheads in Guernsey and had a long chat with him not long after he had returned to the band having had an operation to remove a huge tumour from his abdomen which everyone - including he himself, since he did a farewell tour - thought meant he was on his way out. Pioneering surgery from a fan saved him. A legend indeed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh that is terrible news, a true legend, such a cool guitar player and person, he inspired so many to pick up the guitar with his oh so sublime playing style coolness personified.

R.I.P Wilko

boik

His recovery some years ago was just astonishing. I supported the Blockheads in Guernsey and had a long chat with him not long after he had returned to the band having had an operation to remove a huge tumour from his abdomen which everyone - including he himself, since he did a farewell tour - thought meant he was on his way out. Pioneering surgery from a fan saved him. A legend indeed.
I saw him on his farewell tour at The Forum. Still haven't had my refund!!!!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ah well, he swerved the Big C in 2015 and got a few more years under his belt, but still very sad.

Glad I saw him live, even if wasn't with the Feelgoods.

The Boy from Canvey Island done good...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sad day, he had a lot of fans. Saw him in Worthing many moons ago, wasn't really my cup of tea at the time but he soon changed my mind.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He played Worthing in April and was in astonishing form. As good as I've seen him play over the last 25 years. Quite remarkable considering what he's been through recently.
This is so sad reading through this post again. sad because not only has the great man died but also reading Catfish’s post above who also is no longer with us. Catfish adored him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here