Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rob Hunt to Oldham on Permanent deal

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Strange one this according to our website Hunt is 22 and signed for Oldham on a 2 year deal?

According to Oldham's website he's 21 and he's signed a 3 year deal?

The 22-year-old has signed a two-year deal and returns to Boundary Park after a successful loan spell last season, in which he made ten appearances.

Hunt, who spent time on loan with Latics last season, joins the club on a three-year deal.
The 21-year-old joined on loan in January and made his debut against Bradford City coming on as a 84th minute substitute before making his first start in the 0-1 win over Chesterfield.*

He had his 22nd birthday 6 days ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Allegedly has a 300K release clause, and Forest and Wigan are interested.

I hope we have a sell on clause, for a few quid bonus to the coffers.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You will for a while. Still very early days for our academy.

Indeed, we need to view the academy like a vineyard. It takes around seven years for new vines to produce a decent vintage. The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre only opened in December 2014, so the earliest we should expect a first team ready product is still 3 years away. Anything before then would be a massive bonus.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Indeed, we need to view the academy like a vineyard. It takes around seven years for new vines to produce a decent vintage. The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre only opened in December 2014, so the earliest we should expect a first team ready product is still 3 years away. Anything before then would be a massive bonus.

True - and in fairness I think the quality of our academy side has gone up exponentially in the last few years. Walton certainly does look the real deal. Molumby is a bit unlucky as I think without the injury we would have seen him get some first team games with our lack of CMs this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here