Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jordan Maguire-Drew joins Lincoln City on a season-long loan deal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion under-23 striker Jordan Maguire-Drew has joined Lincoln City on a season-long loan deal.

The 19-year-old has agreed to sign with the newly-promoted League Two club, and under the terms of the loan, Albion will have an option to recall him during the January transfer window.

Under-23 coach Simon Rusk said, "This represents an excellent opportunity for Jordan to play more regular first-team football at a League Two club.

"He had a brilliant season with Dagenham & Redbridge in the National League, and this move will only further aid him in his development."

Maguire-Drew impressed on loan at National League side Dagenham & Redbridge last season, after scoring 15 goals in 46 games, as the Daggers lost to Forest Green Rovers in the play-offs.

He also scored eight goals in six games to help Worthing gain promotion to the Ryman Premier League via the play-offs at the end of the 2015/16 season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That will please Mini as at University there so can watch one of us

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Another cracking loan move for him, I expect Lincoln to challenge for promotion again.

Think this lad may have something :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He's working his way up the divisions. Really rate the lad, but league 2 will be a steep learning curve.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent move. A proper coaching team there and a team with a decent shot at a promotion push.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Ha! Learn something new every day on NSC! I never even knew Lincoln had a university...........

Oh there's two in this 'fine' city, Bishop Grossteste and UoL.

UoL's going places, significant investment in the infrastracture and its research is beginning to have an impact globally.

Shame their bloody library keeps cancelling subscriptions to publishers, because it's making my dissertation writing difficult!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good news and exactly what he needs taking another step up the ladder. Hopefully he'll start and score for them and lead to a difficult choice come Xmas. Not about coming back to us to play but about being ready to step up to L1 and whether that would be a risk since he's a fixture in the Lincoln side. Fingers crossed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Scored a 20-yard thunderbolt 9 mins into his debut against Benfica B apparently.

He scored some real stunners last season. Certainly a player to watch with interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here