View Poll Results: How many more players do we need?

Voters
283. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - we have a PLR squad already

    0 0%
  • 1

    1 0.35%
  • 2

    6 2.12%
  • 3

    54 19.08%
  • 4

    85 30.04%
  • 5

    84 29.68%
  • 6 or more

    53 18.73%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 140
  1. #111
    Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sūþseaxna
    Posts
    20,998


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suttner can play left sided defensive midfield as well as fullback, I believe.

    Gomez looks like a key additional defender to get to allow that flexibility.
    That's what I was thinking but Gomez is right footed. Still need a left-sided defensive type. I can't See Bong being free of injury.


    Brighton = blue
    Albion = white
    Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #112
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sūþseaxna
      Posts
      20,998


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My theory is that the 3rd GK signing depends on whether we get Gomez.

      Get Gomez : we sign a 3rd GK.

      Don't get Gomez : we may need to get an over 21 defender ( or use Hunt ), meaning we have to use Sanchez ( U21) as 3rd GK.
      Good point about Sanchez as third keeper. We could still recall Walton in an emergency, until Sanchez selected five times? Hunt has gone now?


      Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
    • #113

      0 Not allowed!
      http://www.planetfootball.com/in-dep...signings-many/

      An interesting read for anyone that thinks we need a massive overhaul.
    • #114
      The Disowned Masses
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,464


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      http://www.planetfootball.com/in-dep...signings-many/

      An interesting read for anyone that thinks we need a massive overhaul.
      The article says stability is key (mainly quoting Wenger) but the stats at the end don't support this. Most title winners bring in 5 players, plus they were already IN the Premier League the season before.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

      Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog
    • #115

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The article says stability is key (mainly quoting Wenger) but the stats at the end don't support this. Most title winners bring in 5 players, plus they were already IN the Premier League the season before.
      And most teams that bring in a ton of players get relegated. They use a number of examples of teams that barely sign anyone of being promoted, and end up staying up, compared to teams that sign a lot and end up going down.

      Either way, stability is the key seems to be the main message.
    • #116

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And most teams that bring in a ton of players get relegated. They use a number of examples of teams that barely sign anyone of being promoted, and end up staying up, compared to teams that sign a lot and end up going down.

      Either way, stability is the key seems to be the main message.
      shirley, the top teams aren't in need of too many new faces and the poor teams need a major overhaul
    • #117
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      10,455


      0 Not allowed!
      All of top flight quality:

      CB (if Goldson's going out on loan)
      RB with pace
      Right midfield/winger (cover for AK)
      Striker with pace
      Striker who can hold the ball up and score
    • #118
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      10,455


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And most teams that bring in a ton of players get relegated. They use a number of examples of teams that barely sign anyone of being promoted, and end up staying up, compared to teams that sign a lot and end up going down.

      Either way, stability is the key seems to be the main message.
      No they don't, it's a mixed picture:

      Southampton signed 8 at £32m in their first PL season.
      Bournemouth signed 11 at £41m
      Palace 18 at £26m
      Burnley 7 at £28m the second time around

      But as you say there are others that did the same and went down.
    • #119
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      22,031


      0 Not allowed!
      ''We have to strengthen, that goes without saying.''

      “But we’re not looking to spend huge amounts. We’ll do things on a gradual basis as we have done.

      “We have good players already, and we want to strengthen from that position.”

      TB
    • #120
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      17,927


      0 Not allowed!
      4 - 5 SHORT now

      1. Ryan
      2. Maenpaa
      3. New Signing (GK)
      4. Bruno
      5. Rosenior
      6. Suttner
      7. Bong
      8. New Signing (Fullback)
      9. Dunk
      10. Duffy
      11. Hunemeier
      12. Goldson
      13. New Signing (Central Mid)
      14. Stephens
      15. Kayal
      16. Sidwell
      17. Knockaert
      18. March
      19. Skalak
      20. Murphy
      U21 New Signing (Winger) ??
      21. Groß
      U21 Brown
      22. New Signing (Striker)
      23. Murray
      24. Baldock
      25. Hemed

      Not in squad :
      Towell
      LuaLua
      Ince
      Out of contract June 2018 : Maenpaa, Bruno, Bong, Rosenior, Hunemeier, Sidwell, Ince, LuaLua

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •