Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10 for a coffee with two sugars this coming season! Sorry Barb's i'm out!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have heard a rumour that there will no longer be any first class accommodation on the trains from Lewes or Brighton on match days. Barber out!
How am I supposed to read The Guardian in peace on match day then?

amusing comment i saw the other day, i think on the Guardian, to address over crowding they should make 1st class more affordable so more people could use those seats.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Is it any cheaper without the sugar?

"Thank you Paul Barber for completely ruining my life."

That's a bit dramatic.

Well, I do sympathise. If that coffee rumour is true then I find that offensive. 50 years ago that £10 would have been what some football players earned a week to play, now it's a cost of a soft drink that'll last about 30 minutes while some of the game's elites earn 40,000 times that amount, and in one reported case with Messi, 100,000 times that. The game is mental, embarrassingly so, but it is a currency in it's own right and impossible now to compare it with other professions and industries.

As many have already said it seems that we'll almost certainly sell-out for home games and it seems we're budgeting for relegation (which any sensible team would). We'll probably do a Middlesbrough and go down while trying to make as much money as humanly possible - then restructure in the championship minus our better players and thus making even more money.

The fact is in 12 months time we could be in the same position we were 12 months ago but millions and millions of pounds better off....from a business perspective that's pretty good going though it does somewhat take the romance out of it. The risk of trying to achieve that while making advances on the field and remaining in the PL may come at too much of a cost and is also not guaranteed.

Bit of a waffle there, but essentially only spend money on things you want. If you don't see the value in it then don't shell out, don't feel guilty and don't think that makes you any less of a supporter. There are plenty of other people that will be content with their spending and hopefully enjoy themselves at the same time.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Well, I do sympathise. If that coffee rumour is true then I find that offensive. 50 years ago that £10 would have been what some football players earned a week to play, now it's a cost of a soft drink that'll last about 30 minutes while some of the game's elites earn 40,000 times that amount, and in one reported case with Messi, 100,000 times that. The game is mental, embarrassingly so, but it is a currency in it's own right and impossible now to compare it with other professions and industries.

As many have already said it seems that we'll almost certainly sell-out for home games and it seems we're budgeting for relegation (which any sensible team would). We'll probably do a Middlesbrough and go down while trying to make as much money as humanly possible - then restructure in the championship minus our better players and thus making even more money.

The fact is in 12 months time we could be in the same position we were 12 months ago but millions and millions of pounds better off....from a business perspective that's pretty good going though it does somewhat take the romance out of it. The risk of trying to achieve that while making advances on the field and remaining in the PL may come at too much of a cost and is also not guaranteed.

Bit of a waffle there, but essentially only spend money on things you want. If you don't see the value in it then don't shell out, don't feel guilty and don't think that makes you any less of a supporter. There are plenty of other people that will be content with their spending and hopefully enjoy themselves at the same time.

So they're selling waffles? How much will they be?

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
You have to remember that bringing your own alcohol is strictly forbidden. All flasks will therefore be examined and the contents tested. The search fee is £10 and the testing process takes 90 minutes plus added time

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Having supported the club since the wilderness years(March 2017) i find it hard to fathom that a fairly modest cup of coffee with two sugars will set me back £10 from next month. Thank you Paul Barber for completely ruining my life. I'm struggling to hold back the tears just typing this.

King of comedy .......or smug wanker?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
So they're selling waffles? How much will they be?

Hopefully. I can ask. Do you want the square shapes or the circle cut in to 4? I'd think about £25 per portion though at a guess. Let's not speculate about the cost of maple syrup though. I've just become a first-time-buyer and don't think I'll be allowed to remortgage just yet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do they put the MILK in first ?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
You have to remember that bringing your own alcohol is strictly forbidden. All flasks will therefore be examined and the contents tested. The search fee is £10 and the testing process takes 90 minutes plus added time

What happens if you want to leave after 81 minutes to beat the Train queue:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here