Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lockhart Tavern Haywards Heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One has to wonder what sort of pub you managed BG after admitting you once watered the beer down on the advice from a mate. I also wonder what beer selection you had on - John Smiths or John Smiths Smooth, and Harp for the lager drinkers?

Let me explain for about the millionth time that the watering down of the beer and selling Toby bitter as Directors to a CAMRA meeting was done when I looked after a pub for a week while the owner who was going broke and was to be evicted and was out house hunting and asked me to do it which was no skin off of my nose.. My wife worked in the pub and I had my stocktaking business and just went in during the evening to make sure they had beer etc for the next day. In my pubs we had a minimum of 5 real ales and was featured in The Sun and on Southern TV as selling the cheapest pint of beer in the country, which incidentally was HARVEYS and ultimately lead to me falling out with them. We featured in many good beer guides without ever paying for an advert. We were also highly complemented being told by many that we sold the best Guinness in Surrey. I took a pride in my beer and was definitely the boss in my pubs and as such was highly thought of as a publican but that was 20 years ago which makes me annoyed at the dropping standards of beer and service in pubs now. I hope that has finally cleared up that and we can all move on.

As regards my original moan that Biffer picked up on just working out prices roughly I think that I was charged for 3 times Double Brandy and a Single Tia Maria. My own fault. I should know better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You may be good as stocktakers I am not disputing that as I dont know what company you work for, but I think that you must agree that it is not ethical to work for 2 clients opposite each other.

Let me explain for about the millionth time that the watering down of the beer and selling Toby bitter as Directors to a CAMRA meeting was done when I looked after a pub for a week while the owner who was going broke and was to be evicted and was out house hunting and asked me to do it which was no skin off of my nose.

Was it ethical though ? ???

Let me explain for about the millionth time that the watering down of the beer and selling Toby bitter as Directors to a CAMRA meeting was done when I looked after a pub for a week while the owner who was going broke and was to be evicted and was out house hunting and asked me to do it which was no skin off of my nose.. My wife worked in the pub and I had my stocktaking business and just went in during the evening to make sure they had beer etc for the next day. In my pubs we had a minimum of 5 real ales and was featured in The Sun and on Southern TV as selling the cheapest pint of beer in the country, which incidentally was HARVEYS and ultimately lead to me falling out with them. We featured in many good beer guides without ever paying for an advert. We were also highly complemented being told by many that we sold the best Guinness in Surrey. I took a pride in my beer and was definitely the boss in my pubs and as such was highly thought of as a publican but that was 20 years ago which makes me annoyed at the dropping standards of beer and service in pubs now. I hope that has finally cleared up that and we can all move on.

As regards my original moan that Biffer picked up on just working out prices roughly I think that I was charged for 3 times Double Brandy and a Single Tia Maria. My own fault. I should know better.

Lost the spoons vote and still bitter:drink:

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
I have never been in there but everytimne I go past there seems to be no more than 4 people in there when everywhere else is busy so poses 2 questions (1) Do the majority or in fact many really want a local beer pub (2) How long can it continue with so few customers using it.

I passed by on saturday afternoon and the place was rammed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It appears to me he's actively admitted an act of deception.
While actively ignoring, let alone apologise for, his slander against the Savannah and Callum.

Nothing new there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can somebody point out what they consider that I said that was slanderous against anybody and if correct I would readily offer an apology.

Finally on the watering down of beer I would just say that when we took over the pub in Guildford people complained about the Fosters as it was too strong as they had been used to the previous tenant for the past 10 years putting a gallon of water into every 50 litre keg.

I dont as I do not see any justification
:facepalm:

That's why i have suggested a figure as a non interested party and i am happy to be the broker between yourself and the slandered parties:moo: I accept that you have admitted your guilt over the selling of water as lager,forgive and forget on that one but your vendetta against bars in the broadway must stop and stop now.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Just out of interest how do you put water into a keg of beer? Aren't they pressurised containers so they can't be affected by outside influences?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[emoji38]ol:

May I be the first to suggest the NSC Gold potential here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here