Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst band that wew successful?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I haven't expressed any opinion on the Beatles, I have expressed an opinion on your comments. You say NOW you made you judgement based on what you hear - pure bland music. But that's not what you wrote in the comment I was responding to in which you explained why they were the "worst band". You talked about them copying music and not being original. You talked about them being successful because of money and fame. That has NOTHING to do with what you've just written. You said nothing about the quality of the music in that post. All that matters is whether you enjoy something or not, and that's up to you. Whether they were "cutting edge" or copying others is pretty irrelevant if they did it better than others, but that is simply a question of taste.

Methinks you are the one getting all defensive and up your arse.

It's all a matter of interpretation, that goes for how I thought I sounded in my post and how you read it.

The Beatles copied the early rockers in Hamburg and no they were not better than most of them.
The Beatles copied various beat combos in Liverpool that they heard in the Cavern Club and were not the best of them.
The Beatles copied various other US experimental bands.

I don't like their music, and think they are over rated, that's the whole point of the damn thread putting your point of view across.

I am sure face to face with you I maybe able to put my point over slightly better or you would even laugh at me and that's OK as I do laugh at myself sometimes, I'm certainly not up my own arse.

It's nothing to get worked up about, have a good evening.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I don't have to explain anything to anyone it is a message board asking for opinions and that is mine.

Ok I will, as I don't want to be rude.

All you have to do is look at everything they have ever done, and they copied from day one in the Cavern Club right through the mop heads, copied off other Liverpool bands at the time, and again through to the experimental phase that others were actually doing before them and just because they had more money and fame the media made them out to be at the cutting edge of everything...

It is not a look at me comment, I have said it before on here and I am not alone in my thinking.

Thanks for the reply.

My point is it's fact that that the Beatles were not the worst band ever. If you are claiming they actually were the worst band ever I assume you over think stuff or your friends say you are a music snob.

If the thread was who was the worst professional footballer ever and I claimed it was Christiano Ronaldo I would be wrong.
I don't like Ronaldo, give me an open cheque book and I wouldn't buy him for the albion. People claim he is the best player that ever lived and I would claim he wasn't even the best player called Ronaldo that ever lived. Most over rated free kick taker of all time in my opinion. I don't like his hair and I'm sure Nathan Jones did a step over before he did.
However I can't make a case for him being the worst, over rated yes, but not the worst.

I may have a more simplistic music knowledge than yourself and I know a musician who didn't think the Beatles were very good but I have never heard anybody say they were the worst successful band before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here