Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Rooney goes to Everton.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
This is excellent news.... for his wife, who will now be able to squeeze in another holiday between all the others she manages to get away on.
Regarding Wayne, I couldn't give a Chinese shite where he goes and what he does, if he spent more time playing and less time berating the ref like he thinks he is world class player then a smidgen of respect may come his way, a legend in his own thick head.

Yes. There's a really nasty side to him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is excellent news.... for his wife, who will now be able to squeeze in another holiday between all the others she manages to get away on.
Regarding Wayne, I couldn't give a Chinese shite where he goes and what he does, if he spent more time playing and less time berating the ref like he thinks he is world class player then a smidgen of respect may come his way, a legend in his own thick head only.
And Everton, if they don't make The Champions League this season, Ronald will be sacked.

My thoughts as well. Good player, yes. World class, no way.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good luck to him. Made some stupid mistakes, aka shagging ageing prostitutes (allegedly) and berating fans for booing. That said, his record speaks for itself. You're not a shit player if you have become Man Utd's record goal scorer and that of your country and got the medals he has.

There isn't one person here who would've turned down any of the contracts he has signed because they were too much.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Everton could be a surprise package this season. Made some good signings but have admittedly lost Lukaku.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Worst kept secret of the past three months up here.

Oct 25, 2003
There was a period though, round about 2004-06, when he was absolutely brilliant. Injuries and life got in the way, but he was damn exciting on his day

agree, there was definitely a period where he was up there with the worlds best. It was a relatively short period, but it happened and he certainly was "world class" during that period. Unfortunately, as you said, stuff happened and he didn't quite kick on as much as people would have hoped but he's had a career that many could only dream of

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Everton could be a surprise package this season. Made some good signings but have admittedly lost Lukaku.

I've got a feeling Ross Barkley will follow him out the door soon for big money (finally ending up like Scott Sinclair or Jack Rodwell).

Rooney will be a static No.10 with a mobile striker in front of him and the likes of Lookman & Bolasie buzzing on the wings.

I agree. If Koeman gets this right, they could be top 4.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In other news, Lionel Messi has just signed a new contract for 650,000,000 euros a year. Thats a million pounds a week.

I'll say that again.

Thats a million pounds a week.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
In other news, Lionel Messi has just signed a new contract for 650,000,000 euros a year. Thats a million pounds a week.

I'll say that again.

Thats a million pounds a week.

Think you've got a nought too many there.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I've been wearing Everton pyjamas for 13 years - Rooney

9 Jul 2017From the section Football

Wayne Rooney admits he has worn Everton pyjamas at home during his 13 years away from the club after returning to Goodison Park from Manchester United.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40551289

Total disrespect from Rooney on moving back to Everton.

Not only is it not a good look (Everton pajamas for a 31 year old) - probably a bit of tongue in cheek but to trash your Man Utd career by saying this remark will cloud his time there.

He's not the sharpest tool in all honesty.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've been wearing Everton pyjamas for 13 years - Rooney

9 Jul 2017From the section Football

Wayne Rooney admits he has worn Everton pyjamas at home during his 13 years away from the club after returning to Goodison Park from Manchester United.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40551289

Total disrespect from Rooney on moving back to Everton.

Not only is it not a good look (Everton pajamas for a 31 year old) - probably a bit of tongue in cheek but to trash your Man Utd career by saying this remark will cloud his time there.

He's not the sharpest tool in all honesty.

I really don't understand this sort of attitude. He was a boyhood Everton fan. Why do you think that should have changed? Surely everyone knew he went to Utd to win trophies, which he did. Pretty much every footballer ends up not playing for their boyhood club. Not sure why you think his remark is trashing his Utd career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here