Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Matchday revenue in the top two divisions

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given that there's a heated debate on ticket prices at present, how significant is fan contribution to a club's coffers?

I've collated the figures this morning (much to the disapproval of Mrs EP who wants me to go to B&Q) and this is the summary for the top two divisions.

As you can see, the Albion were very good at generating matchday income by Championship standards, and are ahead of what are realistically going to be our competitors in relation to the relegation fight for the forthcoming season.

Matchday Revenue PL Championship 2015-6.JPG

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We'll clearly never equal the match day revenue of the big clubs such as Arsenal & Man Utd but it's good to see that although we were at Championship level, we were getting a higher turnover than some of the very smallest clubs in the Premier League such as Crystal Palace.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Given that there's a heated debate on ticket prices at present, how significant is fan contribution to a club's coffers?

I've collated the figures this morning (much to the disapproval of Mrs EP who wants me to go to B&Q) and this is the summary for the top two divisions.

As you can see, the Albion were very good at generating matchday income by Championship standards, and are ahead of what are realistically going to be our competitors in relation to the relegation fight for the forthcoming season.

View attachment 86989

How will Albions match day revenue equate to their commercial and broadcasting revenue, in the PL?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What about match day expenses? Do we take into account the travel? Plus I'm sure we must have three times more stewards (P&R and car parks) than the average club. There must be over 30 working in the University alone.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

View attachment 86989

What does the figure in brackets after the name of the club signify?

Don't worry - got it - league position 2 seasons ago.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Aim must be to match Southampton I'd have thought.

There's the rub. I'd be astonished if we weren't equally as attractive from a corporate hospitality perspective?

As an aside I wonder what they charge fans for their catering and what the quality is like? Good like for like comparison straight there I would think given relative size of club/attendances.

Can any resident Saints help?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] I don't know if you have this data available, but I'd be very interested to see the change in Matchday Revenue for teams promoted from the Championship.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

View attachment 86989

Without knowing each clubs matchday expenditure, it's hard to really draw any real comparison between clubs, surely?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here