Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craft Lager

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
True. What about someone you don't know particularly well?

My usual tactic is to decline and if they comeback with a decent beer for themselves my usual response is "do you know what I will have a beer after all".

A reasonable tactic to avoid supping a can of Skol or Stella.

I'll remember this for future use.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

My usual tactic is to decline and if they comeback with a decent beer for themselves my usual response is "do you know what I will have a beer after all".

The problem with this is that if you decline the offer, they may feel it is polite bot to have a beer themselves. Everyone's lost out.

Option b from the list.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So here's a question for you. When you visit someone's house and they offer you a beer do you say

a) yes please. Be polite and drink what's given
b) enquire politely to what it is, and make a decision based on the type
c) decline as it's unlikely to be something you like

If it's a German household and the offer is wine c) is the safest option.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Went to the Test on Friday, and the Lager in the Lords public outlets are apparently 'exclusively' Craft, not an Heineken or Corona in sight.
Needs must, when in Rome etc, so I went for it, have to say jury's still out, although yesterday morning's Donald Trump had a smell and texture the like Chez Hart hadn't seen in years.
Is this Craft stuff just a fad, like Space Dust, or is it here to stay?

Simply an excuse to hike up prices im afraid

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

For some companies for sure. But proper craft beers do cost more to manufacture do to the time the take to make and premium, or more, ingredients and simple economy of scale.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

For example I've just cracked open this Mikkeller IPA brewed with ginger and pine needles brewed in Belgium by a Copenhagen Brewery. It's a lovely beer but it does cost a bit more due to the small batch nature plus extra ingredients.

Attachments

• IMG_7403.JPG
    IMG_7403.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 233

Jul 7, 2003
Possibly the worst so called craft lager is Frontier. Made by Fullers which should be enough of a warning but has a horrible aftertaste.

Camden Hells, as mentioned earlier, is a decent beer if you see if around.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

That's a bit like when you can't remember someone's name so you ask them and when they say E.g John, you then say " of course I know you are John I meant your surname"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a bit like when you can't remember someone's name so you ask them and when they say E.g John, you then say " of course I know you are John I meant your surname"

A good tip...... as long as it's not Elton John you're taking to.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm similar to you. Prior to craft I used to drink nothing but cooking lager. The idea of a whole pint of Kronenbourg or Heineken fills me with horror these days.

I like both craft and generic, both have their pluses and minuses depending on the occasion :) I'm drinking a Fosters now but have 40 pints of homebrewed IPA in the cupboard (as well as 5 bottles of homebrew fruit wine).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
yeah. SEE SUSSEX PLAY HAMPSHIRE in a final a few years back, Sussex had a tidy outfit that day:cool: after the game was a bit lively in the one of the pubs down the road :cheers:
regards
DR

When I went to do my recycling round the back of Newhaven library this morning someone had dumped a full case of 12 unopened bottles of Budweiser (expiry date August 2016). Chuck a Gabicci jacket over your dressing gown and pop round the corner and grab 'em Das. Cheers.

Jan 30, 2008
When I went to do my recycling round the back of Newhaven library this morning someone had dumped a full case of 12 unopened bottles of Budweiser (expiry date August 2016). Chuck a Gabicci jacket over your dressing gown and pop round the corner and grab 'em Das. Cheers.
have you got a bottle opener :rolleyes:
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do have to check these days whether it's Pretty pink fairy or Pretty Pink Fairy as parody and reality have merged :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here