Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatwick Valet parking

Jul 7, 2003
Always worth looking on the official parking site as soon as you have booked your flights. As others have said, the advance booking prices are often much cheaper than the off site options. I am doing a day trip from Gatwick in August and the cost of parking in the short term was only £2 more for the day than using the long term car parks which need the bus.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I always use the on-site long stays. Never had a problem until last month when, after a fortnight in corfu, neither of us could remember where we'd left it except for "I think it was V something". Took us a while to find it. In the rain.

So do we normally but just happened to see that the official valet parking was nearly 20% cheaper on this occasion. Will give it a go and report back after the holiday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, used it 2 or 3 times. No problems at all. Great service when you return after a long flight. Ring them when you are at baggage claim and your car is ready and waiting for you by the time you get out of the terminal.

We use the official valet parking a lot and didn't need to make a phone call. Our car was waiting for us, as they plan it around the return flight details you have to give.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Used Gatwick (South) short stay last week. Pre-booked was cheaper than Long Stay standard price, and car is 5 minute walk from baggage reclaim.

All good, apart from the fact some absolute :tosser: has written off the front wing of my car (and of course left no note).

Cheers MATE.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always worth looking on the official parking site as soon as you have booked your flights. As others have said, the advance booking prices are often much cheaper than the off site options. I am doing a day trip from Gatwick in August and the cost of parking in the short term was only £2 more for the day than using the long term car parks which need the bus.

Good point.

Naively earlier this year I booked valet parking later, very close to our departure date and had to cough up an unnecessary £20 or £30. My fault.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Follow up on this......just booked a meet and greet space for a week's trip from Heathrow. When I got the quotes I realised I'd put the wrong return date in (I put in Friday when I'm returning Saturday). The prices dropped by 50% or so for business, short stay and meet and greet by adding a day's parking from 6 days to 7. Bit bizarre.........managed to get it for £87 in meet and greet (T3). Bargain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Used Gatwick (South) short stay last week. Pre-booked was cheaper than Long Stay standard price, and car is 5 minute walk from baggage reclaim.

All good, apart from the fact some absolute :tosser: has written off the front wing of my car (and of course left no note).

Cheers MATE.

To follow THIS up... £1200.00 :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here