Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatwick Valet parking

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We use the Gatwick car parks, but never leave the keys. There are regular shuttle buses to the terminals. We usually pay around £50-£70 for a week.

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
if you use the valet parking at the south terminal use the vip channel to go through security, get into lounge quicker

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Do it. It's the closest car drop off you can do for departures and will often work out cheaper than short or long stay.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I wouldn't dream of paying for parking fees at Gatwick

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Many thanks for your Input guys, I shall book it in the morning and report back in September.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I always use the on-site long stays. Never had a problem until last month when, after a fortnight in corfu, neither of us could remember where we'd left it except for "I think it was V something". Took us a while to find it. In the rain.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Has anyone used the official gatwick South Terminal valet parking.?
It seems pretty good value (and currently much cheaper than normal long stay) considering you are parking in the short term car park before handing over your keys. Not sure why this is so much cheaper than the regular short term rates unless they immediately shift your car offsite once you have gone.

Anybody got any personal experience.

Use either valet or 'meet and greet' at Gatwick and Heathrow at least 1-2 times a month and have done for years. Never once had a problem. If booked in advance rates are usually comparable with the long term parking (a fag of a bus ride away and sometimes a long wait).

Sometimes even short term parking can work out cost effective and you can simply walk into the terminal. The parking quote page on the official Gatwick and Heathrow websites give you the comparable prices for each type of parking. Never just drive up though - horrendously expensive. Always book in advance, ideally 3-4 weeks if you can.

I just parked in meet and greet at Heathrow for almost two weeks for a business trip and it was £116 - a taxi from Burgess Hill is close on £100 each way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Use either valet or 'meet and greet' at Gatwick and Heathrow at least 1-2 times a month and have done for years. Never once had a problem. If booked in advance rates are usually comparable with the long term parking (a fag of a bus ride away and sometimes a long wait).

Sometimes even short term parking can work out cost effective and you can simply walk into the terminal. The parking quote page on the official Gatwick and Heathrow websites give you the comparable prices for each type of parking. Never just drive up though - horrendously expensive. Always book in advance, ideally 3-4 weeks if you can.

I just parked in meet and greet at Heathrow for almost two weeks for a business trip and it was £116 - a taxi from Burgess Hill is close on £100 each way.

Have they moved Burgess Hill as it is £25 each way from HH?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Living just 5 minutes from Gatwick and seeing some of those prices I now know why "friends & family" are always asking to park in our drive - we have two cars here at the moment.

ilduc944

May 1, 2014
I go through Holiday Extras and book car parking and a hotel then night before the flight. Not much more than just paying for parking and a great start to your trip. Suppose it depends on what time your flight is but this is good for a morning flight as you don't have to do the travelling at stupid o'clock immediately before your flight.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Used it last week and it all worked perfectly well and with vouchers can be cheaper than the long term parking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is it bollocks. That would get you to Gatwick, not Heathrow.
Genuine LOLz 😂

I've used valet parking at both Gatters and Heathrow and never had a problem. Much better than getting the shuttle bus to long term parking and not much more expensive - especially if you park in T5's Pod-serviced business parking.

Had a bad experience with Purple a couple of years back but used them last month (I wasn't paying) and it was fine.

I'm sure your experience will be uneventful - which is exactly how it should be for valet parking.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I go through Holiday Extras and book car parking and a hotel then night before the flight. Not much more than just paying for parking and a great start to your trip. Suppose it depends on what time your flight is but this is good for a morning flight as you don't have to do the travelling at stupid o'clock immediately before your flight.

Good shout this......can basically get the hotel for almost nothing if you're ahead with your booking.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Genuine LOLz [emoji23]

I've used valet parking at both Gatters and Heathrow and never had a problem. Much better than getting the shuttle bus to long term parking and not much more expensive - especially if you park in T5's Pod-serviced business parking.

Had a bad experience with Purple a couple of years back but used them last month (I wasn't paying) and it was fine.

I'm sure your experience will be uneventful - which is exactly how it should be for valet parking.

Valet and meet and greet both now record your mileage on their sheet so there is no dispute about them using your car as an Uber for 2 weeks while you're pissing it up in Fuengirola.

I had a couple of bad experiences with Purple years ago (not used them since T5 has been open). The T5 pod parking is another excellent option (love the pod ride [emoji3][emoji3]) but oddly often more expensive than valet or meet and greet. Guess it's all supply and demand. Meet and greet is quicker anyway, as car is waiting in the short term car park.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When I lived in Somerset we'd always stay at the LGW Sofitel (considerably nicer than the Hilton) the night before a holiday and do valet parking.

Sure it's a bit more than self parking but to have someone take your car away from hotel check-in and then wait for you when you come home, it's well worth it.

Maybe if I gave a shit about my car I might give some consideration to it being looked after but I don't. I think I'd have to own a really serious car to even worry about that aspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here