Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatwick Valet parking

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Has anyone used the official gatwick South Terminal valet parking.?
It seems pretty good value (and currently much cheaper than normal long stay) considering you are parking in the short term car park before handing over your keys. Not sure why this is so much cheaper than the regular short term rates unless they immediately shift your car offsite once you have gone.

Anybody got any personal experience.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All the time, including tomorrow! Love it. It's normally not cheap (you must have found a special deal?), especially on a longer trip, but compare it to the cost of two expensive taxi journeys.

The car always come back unscathed and with their set up being legit, there's no pri*k racing your car on the roads to some muddy field miles away.

A very efficient operation, just yards from the south and north terminal drop offs.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Used a firm three years ago with my Tesco vouchers. All OK. I haven't dared since as there has been pictures of mud spattered cars in fields. That was last year, and not all firms were parking our cars in fields. Do you dare.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
All the time, including tomorrow! Love it. It's normally not cheap (you must have found a special deal?), especially on a longer trip, but compare it to the cost of two expensive taxi journeys.

The car always come back unscathed and with their set up being legit, there's no pri*k racing your car on the roads to some muddy field miles away.

A very efficient operation, just yards from the south and north terminal drop offs.

Just the deal currently being offered through the official parking website. Long term £104 and valet £78 with a 10% off voucher. You reckon it's trustworthy.?

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Used a firm three years ago with my Tesco vouchers. All OK. I haven't dared since as there has been pictures of mud spattered cars in fields. That was last year, and not all firms were parking our cars in fields. Do you dare.

Using any of the parking options on the official Gatwick Airport website, will be fine.

The crooks and cowboys who damaged or raced cars cannot use that website.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just the deal currently being offered through the official parking website. Long term £104 and valet £78 with a 10% off voucher. You reckon it's trustworthy.?

It that's definitely the official Gatwick Airport website, you've got yourself a bargain. The car is brought to you by their office in the short stay airport, on the same floor as you walk out of the airport on your return. No busing to car parks.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
It that's definitely the official Gatwick Airport website, you've got yourself a bargain. The car is brought to you by their office in the short stay airport, on the same floor as you walk out of the airport on your return. No busing to car parks.

Okay I will give it a go. What's your address :lol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have not used Gatwick for many years since moving away but one year when money was a bit tight and the flight times suited I parked my car (sensibly) in a street closeish to Horley station, jumped on a train to Gatwick.
It was only me and a mate with a suitcase each.
It gave us more spending money in Crete which was more important than paying to park a chuffing car.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We always use APH which is on the road to Felbridge behind the Shell garage and have always been very pleased. Frequent courtesy buses to and from the airport with very little delay, only a couple of minutes. The speedo will show the same when you pick it up as when you leave it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I use it 2-3 times every year. never had a problem. very easy and reliable service.
Its not a lot dearer that getting a taxi each way and a lot more convenient.
Drop it in the short stay car park, drop the keys off.
It got a bit more expensive last year when there was a lot of refurb work going on and spare was more of a premium but it gone back down now.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We always use APH which is on the road to Felbridge behind the Shell garage and have always been very pleased. Frequent courtesy buses to and from the airport with very little delay, only a couple of minutes. The speedo will show the same when you pick it up as when you leave it.

I bet you have actually recorded the mileage to check haven't you :)

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

Currently dearer than gatwick valet quote.!!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Has anyone used the official gatwick South Terminal valet parking.?
It seems pretty good value (and currently much cheaper than normal long stay) considering you are parking in the short term car park before handing over your keys. Not sure why this is so much cheaper than the regular short term rates unless they immediately shift your car offsite once you have gone.

Anybody got any personal experience.

Used it a few times and it's been great. Very convenient and no problems.

First time was cos I had a lot of browser tabs open to compare parking prices. Closed it by mistake and went back to Gatwick official parking page and it popped up an offer with 25% off. Can only assume it was doing clever things reading website cookies of other parking sites I'd visited and did the offer.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Oh good my chance to cost Purple parking a customer hopefully. I used these jokers 3 years ago for a 2 week stay. Waited an hour for my car to come back, when it did got a couple of hundred yards down the road before noticing the flat tire. Went to the garage to blow up and then called them on the way down, all I got was a mouthful of abuse in return, asked for a supervisor who came on the phone and who then denied all knowledge or responsibility despite the fact I was by now no more than 10 miles from the airport.

Final result nothing from Purple whatsoever, oh and a new £100 tire for me. Never, ever use Purple parking!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Yes, used it 2 or 3 times. No problems at all. Great service when you return after a long flight. Ring them when you are at baggage claim and your car is ready and waiting for you by the time you get out of the terminal.

Yes used them last year and for this summer. No problems and easier than the bus from the long stay car park... especially as it is cheaper!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here